Windows 10: Photo Thumbnails

Discus and support Photo Thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eddietheone, May 4, 2021 at 3:27 AM.

1. Photo Thumbnails

Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried following the tutorials on here but I do not seem to have most of the options detailed and unticking what I have made no difference. I have W10 on my laptop and it used to show photos. It seems to be an issue with raw files as some jpegs show as pictures. Help will be appreciated Cheers Edward

:)

eddietheone, May 4, 2021 at 3:27 AM
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

3. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Photo Thumbnails [​IMG]

Photo Thumbnails [​IMG]

Photo Thumbnails [​IMG]

fracking4oil, May 5, 2021 at 10:55 PM
  4. Photo Thumbnails

Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, May 5, 2021 at 10:55 PM
Thema:

Photo Thumbnails

1. Photo Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Photo Thumbnails

2. Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.: Hi All,How do you get the Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor to show all the thumbnails of images and video clips? It showed them all yesterday, but now the program is only showing some of them, making it extremely difficult to use the program.Thanks!...
  3. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.: Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't show up. I am not able to preview images in a folder. I already have tried every possible solution in file explorer options...
  4. Pre-generate image thumbnails for remotely stored photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pre-generate image thumbnails for remotely stored photos: I have gotten kind of tired of running my own server for file storage and want to move it to a non Microsoft/Google/Amazon/Apple encrypted storage solution located outside the EU and US. The only thing stopping me at the moment is the large amount of photos my girlfriend...
  5. Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....

Photos Thumbnail and In-App view rotation not synced.....: Had this problem: Took a picture rotated on my iphone. Save pic to Windows 10 laptop. Opened picture in MS Office Picture Manger**, rotated the picture to taste, save it. Closed MSOPM, Now picture is rotated wrong in thumbnail. This is incredibly annoying, esepcially if you...
  6. When using File Explorer in Windows 10, I cannot see photo thumbnails on external device

When using File Explorer in Windows 10, I cannot see photo thumbnails on external device: "Always show icons, never thumbnails" and "Always show menus" are unchecked. "Display file icon on thumbnails" and "Show preview handlers in preview pane" are checked. I can see thumbnails within folders on the PC, just not on the external device....
  7. Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load????

Photo Thumbnails with my face take noticeably longer to load????: Hello, I have decided on taking on the tedious task of organizing ALL my photos. In doing this, I chose a method involving selecting all the pictures with me Randy in it and moving them to a temporary folder to rename them all at once, Randy since windows automatically add #...
  8. Lost thumbnails to photos

Lost thumbnails to photos: Please help, my photos saved on the computes are in place but just plain icons, no thumbnails. Alot of photos did get deleted somewhere else in the computer during Backup and Sync, but they were backup of a backup. But now I only see the plain icons and not the little...
  9. How do I enable thumbnails/previews for my photos and videos? I used to have it. i don't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable thumbnails/previews for my photos and videos? I used to have it. i don't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/N0toriousMSG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju9giu/how_do_i_enable_thumbnailspreviews_for_my_photos/
  10. Photo's have large gray boxes covering over half of the image. Look fine in the Thumbnail.

Photo's have large gray boxes covering over half of the image. Look fine in the Thumbnail.: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have found this happens not just on windows but also on my phone occasionally. I've always assumed it's a corrupt file but I just downloaded these images, they were fine yesterday, and now today EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM look like this. I need these for...