Windows 10: photo to external disk drive

Discus and support photo to external disk drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I burn a disk for photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-to-external-disk-drive/267bef06-6e7d-4a48-a9a2-6ac0437608aa" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pills64, Nov 16, 2018.

1. pills64 Win User

photo to external disk drive

how do I burn a disk for photos

:)

pills64, Nov 16, 2018

2. External disk drive not showing up

Check if the drive is assigned a drive letter.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

If you see your drive listed there, but no drive letter, right click it

Click Change Drive Letter and Paths

Click Add

Click Assign the following drive letter

Click in the Drive letter list box

Choose a drive letter - try choosing letters near the end of the alphabet

Click OK

Click OK again

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Disk drives

Right click the external drive

Click uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart then check if its detected.

or

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    HELP!!! External Drive issues!!

you're in luck, the guy with way too much external storage is here to the rescue!

step 1: try with a different USB cable

step 2: take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it internally to your PC

quite likely the cable or enclosure has died. if you're re-initialising the disk you might actually be erasing it... so dont do that.

Mussels, Nov 16, 2018
  4. photo to external disk drive

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - FR

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

photo to external disk drive

1. photo to external disk drive - Similar Threads - photo external disk

2. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  3. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  4. Missing D: External Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: External Disk Drive: Hi, I've had my AlienWare PC for about 4 months now, and recently I can't find my external hard drive. My OS C: is still here, but My D: drive is missing, and I can't find it in File Explorer or Device Manager. Please help....
  5. External disk drive

External disk drive: My PC is not recognising my external cd drive. I have tried the different USB ports. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-disk-drive/32aaf7e1-e362-411e-9227-435eb1bb89bc
  6. External Disk Drive Recovery -- HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Disk Drive Recovery -- HELP!: Hello -- a new external disk drive Maxone SlimSeries was used to save some really important information from a SP6. However, when I try to plug the external drive into mynew Surface Laptop 3, it is not recognized. I am no longer in possession of the SP6. I have tried 1...
  7. Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring photos to a USB drive/external drive: so i am trying to move 5 .jpg photos from the Documents folder in my C drive onto a external drive, so I click copy from the Documents folder, then attempt to paste in the external drive, and the photo fails to transfer. It shows the green transfer speed bar, then reaches...
  8. External USB disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External USB disk drives: I currently have 4 USB disk drives. Occasionally I get a notification asking how do I want to configure a couple of these. When I click on the notice nothing happens. One of these, my primary data drive, works but doesn't consistently show up in various configuration...
  9. External Hard drive disk

External Hard drive disk: Shown as access denied. Location unavailable[IMG] Cannot open my Seagate external HARD drive disk of 1.5TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-disk/d12073f2-eb0d-4add-bfb1-2f9e4cff21de
  10. no disk in external drive in windows 10

no disk in external drive in windows 10: no disk found in external drive in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-disk-in-external-drive-in-windows-10/88996552-1106-4c40-98e6-be87bf069e15