Windows 10: Photo/Video Import Application

Discus and support Photo/Video Import Application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im looking for an application that will work the way Google Picasa did for importing photos and videos from my phone to my computer. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sinisalo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Sinisalo Win User

Photo/Video Import Application

Im looking for an application that will work the way Google Picasa did for importing photos and videos from my phone to my computer. I don't want to use a web based syncing solution to run everything through the cloud.

Heres what I want the application to handle.

1) Specify the default root directory where the photos will be kept.

2) Duplicates dont import any.

3) Import photos and videos into a folder named for the date taken or create a new folder to do this. The folder name format would be YYYY-MM-DD. An example of this is D:\<user>\pictures\2021-03-16

So when this is setup I only have to plug my phone in and click on Import and everything is handled automatically.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

:)

Sinisalo, Mar 16, 2021

2. Help with importing photos and videos

Hi,

For you to import photos and videos, we suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your phone to get the applicable software.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

Import photos and videos in Windows 8.1

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

"import" doesn't show up in Photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to import photos in the Photos App from your iPhone. Please let us know the details:

• Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • Were you able to import the photos earlier?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC
    and

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    to import photos to your PC.

However, as you have mentioned that the app closes automatically, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Photo/Video Import Application - Similar Threads - Photo Video Import

2. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  3. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  4. Photo & video import using a cd

Photo & video import using a cd: I recently switched to using 'Photo & video import' after finding out that Microsoft broke the "Photos App". I discussed this on a different thread. Side note, I wish they would actually give their apps real identifiable names so that posting questions about their...
  5. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  6. Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop running Windows 10. My photos app is having no trouble importing photos, it’s finishing the import and “adding photos to the collection” that I’m having trouble with it. I just imported videos off my video camera (JVC) and the...
  7. Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Change duration of an imported video in Photos App: Hello I've imported photos and a video into my project. The imported video, which is 9 minutes long, only displays for 2 seconds. How do I change the duration? Many thanks...
  8. Video import format with Photos app

Video import format with Photos app: If I use the Windows 10 Photos app to import video from my camcorder, what file format will it use to store that import? Is the resulting file a digital format, such as WMV or MPG4, or does it save to some form of analog format? I don't want to edit the video file. I just...
  9. Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.

Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.: In the last few months I have not been able to use the automatic import function in the Photos app, as it hangs shortly after the import window opens and starts filling it with photos from my source. Using an SD card directly into my Surface Book2, or connecting my Nikon...
  10. Microsoft Photos app not importing video

Microsoft Photos app not importing video: Could someone please help me with the video project feature in Photos? It will allow me to import photos into my project but no video clips. I am using .file type that it purportedly accepts (.avi) and have tried others as well. I have tried to do it from a file landed on...