Windows 10: Photo & video import using a cd

Discus and support Photo & video import using a cd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently switched to using 'Photo & video import' after finding out that Microsoft broke the "Photos App". I discussed this on a different thread.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by starbassfishing, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Photo & video import using a cd

I recently switched to using 'Photo & video import' after finding out that Microsoft broke the "Photos App". I discussed this on a different thread.

Side note, I wish they would actually give their apps real identifiable names so that posting questions about their functionality can be more easy.

That aside. I have enjoyed using 'Photo & video import' give the thing a proper name! until today. Long story short, it won't import photos from a cd. One step forward three steps back. It is very frustrating seeing apps that are no brainers being intentionally turned to garbage by some idiot who thinks they are the vanguard of the future.

So how can I get this program to recognize and import cds?

:)

starbassfishing, Mar 29, 2021

2. How to import pictures from a CD/DVD

Hi Duane,

To import pictures from CD or DVD on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:

• Insert the disc in the CD/DVD drive.
    • Open the Photos app and click on Import located at the upper right corner.

Photo & video import using a cd ecc8165b-af74-44ef-aa69-cf95affffb8c.png
    • Once the Import Photos and Videos dialog box is open, select CD or DVD drive.
    • Click Import and More options to choose your preference.
    Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 29, 2021
  3. how to import photos from a cd or dvd using windows 10 (Nov update)

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to play or view content of any other CD/DVD than the one that has pictures in it?
    • Are you able to use the same CD/DVD in any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you saying that the issue arose after November update?
    • What exactly happens when you insert the CD/DVD in the CD/DVD drive?
    • Are you referring to internal CD/DVD drive or external?
    You can try the following steps and check if you are able to import photos from the CD/DVD drive.

• Make sure that your device is turned on and connected to your PC, or that the disc is inserted into your PC's CD or DVD drive.

• Open Photo Gallery.

• Click the Home tab, and then click Import.

• In the Import Photos and Videos dialog box, click the device that you want to use, and then click
      Import. If you're importing from a CD or DVD, select the CD or DVD drive.

• Click More options to select the options that you want to use, such as where to save the files and what format to use for the folder and file names.

• Click one of the following two options: Review, organize and group items to import or
      Import all new items now.

If the above steps do not work, I would request you to revert with answers to questions asked so we can further research on the issue and assist you accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Photo & video import using a cd

Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

Import photos and videos in Windows 8.1

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Photo & video import using a cd

1. Photo & video import using a cd - Similar Threads - Photo video import

2. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  3. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  4. Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app

Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app: Hi.I need help troubleshooting why my videos taken from my iPhone all of a sudden won't upload to the Photos app. The photos will transfer but not the videos. I had no issues for a year, and all of a sudden it doesn't. I have Windows 10, and the error message is "Something...
  5. Photo/Video Import Application

Photo/Video Import Application: Im looking for an application that will work the way Google Picasa did for importing photos and videos from my phone to my computer. I don't want to use a web based syncing solution to run everything through the cloud. Heres what I want the application to handle. 1) Specify...
  6. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  7. Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop running Windows 10. My photos app is having no trouble importing photos, it’s finishing the import and “adding photos to the collection” that I’m having trouble with it. I just imported videos off my video camera (JVC) and the...
  8. Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Change duration of an imported video in Photos App: Hello I've imported photos and a video into my project. The imported video, which is 9 minutes long, only displays for 2 seconds. How do I change the duration? Many thanks...
  9. Video import format with Photos app

Video import format with Photos app: If I use the Windows 10 Photos app to import video from my camcorder, what file format will it use to store that import? Is the resulting file a digital format, such as WMV or MPG4, or does it save to some form of analog format? I don't want to edit the video file. I just...
  10. Microsoft Photos app not importing video

Microsoft Photos app not importing video: Could someone please help me with the video project feature in Photos? It will allow me to import photos into my project but no video clips. I am using .file type that it purportedly accepts (.avi) and have tried others as well. I have tried to do it from a file landed on...