Windows 10: PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

Discus and support PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 (version 1809) Photo App Photo video editor automatically stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by newmanhard, Apr 9, 2020.

1. PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

Windows 10 (version 1809) Photo App

Photo video editor automatically stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen (and so appear blurry/low resolution).

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks Newman

:)

newmanhard, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video

Windows 10 Photo video editor stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen and low rez.

Help please.
    Newman

Newman Hard, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 9, 2020
  4. 5368mwj Win User

PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

Photos in Photo viewer only shows small photos as small and does not expand to fit

Original title: Windows 10 photo viewer

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have a flash drive that I keep my photos that I plug into my desktop sometimes and start as a slide show. The photo viewer in 8.1 worked fine with slide shows from my flash drive. No matter what the size of
    the photo was it adjusted to as close to full screen as it could as I have photos in a variety of sizes. Now with Windows 10 it only shows small photos as small and not expanded to fit as large as possible. Also I have a long list of photos with different
    names for each. With 8.1 it played all photos in a collection just fine. Now with Windows 10 it only takes names of photos that I think are like alphabetically or numerically successive and if there's any photos between what it defines as a group it will
    only auto show the loop of photos in that small group rather than the whole collection of several hundred photos. So it seems Windows 10 photo viewer in slide show mode is worse than it was with Windows 8.1. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do
    to correct this problem so slide show works from my flash drive as it did in 8.1?

Thanks for your attention!!

5368mwj, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen

1. PHOTO video projects - stop small photos being stretched to fit screen - Similar Threads - PHOTO video projects

2. Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos not stretching images to fit: I've been having this weird aspect ratio problem that started two days ago. The borders of the image viewer prevents the pictures from extending vertically completely even though the images are at least 1080 pixels tall. Zooming in does not solve this, nor does using the...
  3. Microsoft Photos Video Projects

Microsoft Photos Video Projects: In my microsoft photos,i went into new video project and i went to add a video file recorded by OBS and it shows the message " These files have properties that can't be read, so we coudn't add them' and the file name, what should i do to rectify this ptroblem....
  4. Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video

Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video: Windows 10 Photo video editor stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen and low rez. Help please. Newman...
  5. microsoft photos video project

microsoft photos video project: when i go to make a video in microsoft photos, i noticed it saves the videos automatically in the video project folder, how do i stop it from doing that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-video-project/b02fb3e5-025b-4900-837e-0a45e213b125
  6. Deleted Photos Video Project

Deleted Photos Video Project: Hello, I have a question about a video project that I created on the Microsoft Photos app. After months of working on the project, I recently recieved an error message stating that the app was unable to open the video and to try reopening it. I tried opening and reopening...
  7. Photos Video Project

Photos Video Project: I just completed a 1-1/2 hour video project using Microsoft Photos. I want to download to my computer. I tried "sharing" to onedrive, but it only shares the video clips not the completed video project. Also I get a message that "larger videos will be removed". Is there any...
  8. Microsoft Photo video project

Microsoft Photo video project: How do I add small segments of songs to a video project that has videos and stills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-video-project/d1c8d7d3-d67c-47fd-9d29-3557e7f6003a
  9. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0
  10. Photo's Video Projects Glitch

Photo's Video Projects Glitch: Absolutely every single time I attempt to make a video on the Photos app I have no problems making the thing, but when I try and download it, it turns out completely purple with static. There is no problem with the sound.[IMG]...