Windows 10: Photo View by Month

Discus and support Photo View by Month in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new HP ProBook Laptop with Windows 10 operating system. I have just finished organising all my photos into monthly folders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobynHuffer, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Photo View by Month

I have just purchased a new HP ProBook Laptop with Windows 10 operating system.

I have just finished organising all my photos into monthly folders. However there is no order to the folders & therefore they are very hard to find.

On my old Laptop, which had Windows 7 operating system the photo folders were able to be stored in Month view. Then each time I downloaded new photos it would set up a new folder for the month the photos were taken & within that folder it would show the photos by day.

This option is not available in Windows 10.

Is there any way this Month option can be added.

Thanks in advance,

Robyn Huffer

:)

RobynHuffer, Aug 26, 2020

2. View Photos by Month

Sorted, You can now only do it through Windows photos app. When you first click on it all your photos come up in date order, if you then click on the date for the latest photos the screen will then list all of the months that you have photos. Thanks for
    suggestions and hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

John

John Piper, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Viewing photos by month & year

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and wondered if anyone can help me with a query please ?

In Windows 7 I had all my photos of the grandchildren in one folder called 'Freddie & Anna' that was set up as follows:

• There were no sub folders for months/years within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder.
    • When I clicked on the folder 'Freddie & Anna' the system displayed month & year 'icons' so that I could select the photos I wanted to view by clicking on the appropriate month & year 'icon'.
    • If my memory is correct I did this by using 'Arrange by' within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder.

I have set up the following folder structure in Windows 10:

and all the photos of my grandchildren are in the folder 'Freddie & Anna'.

There are no sub folders for months/years within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder.

When I click on the folder 'Freddie & Anna' I want my system to do what it did in Windows 7 and display the month & year icons but it does what I don't want and displays all the photos and groups them under the headings 'Earlier This Week', 'Last Week', 'Earlier This Month', Earlier This Year', and 'A Long Time Ago'. The system does this very slowly.

In Windows 7 the system was pretty quick to display the month & year 'icons' and then to display the appropriate photos if I clicked on one of the month & year 'icons'.

I would like to set up my folders/photos in Windows 10 so they are displayed as my system did in Windows 7.

Can anyone help me to do this please?

Steve Dean, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Photo View by Month

View Photos by Month

Before the latest update I could click on Libraries and get my photos up in month order, this seems to have been taken out by the update. So, can I still view my photos by month?

John Piper, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Photo View by Month

1. Photo View by Month - Similar Threads - Photo View Month

2. Restore monthly calendar view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore monthly calendar view?: When I click on the day/date in the lower right corner the calendar that pops up has started having the current date on the top line of the calendar instead of starting with the first day of the month. How do I get it to go back to showing the calendar by month?...
  3. Restore monthly calendar view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore monthly calendar view?: When I click on the day/date in the lower right corner the calendar that pops up has started having the current date on the top line of the calendar instead of starting with the first day of the month. How do I get it to go back to showing the calendar by month?...
  4. windows photo view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows photo view: if i open any image saved to my pc , it shows yellow background. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-view/ef8999f9-02a8-4545-83e9-20e1573ba845
  5. Viewing photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing photos: When I click on a photo icon on desktop or in folders it takes several minutes to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-photos/54ddf94b-e8dc-4fa5-b18b-d6e07d0a11c9
  6. Photo Viewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewing: All I want to do is view photos from an SD card without having to download it to my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewing/8d62c252-fae6-4bc7-a274-92eb61af2754
  7. Photo Viewing

Photo Viewing: I have many photos on my Win 10 64 bit Build 1903 laptop. For Photos Twinui is recommended for Windows 10 but this is very unfriendly . I am used to being able (in Explorer to click on a Jpg file and view it. Twinui comes up with an error message so I have to go...
  8. Viewing Photos

Viewing Photos: Hi I take photos on a I Phone & up until recently they always appeared in the Photos App. I have not connected the phone to the PC to download them but they always appeared in the App. So I'm at a loss as to what has occurred. I have PSE 2018 & they also appeared there, I...
  9. Photo Viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo Viewing: How can I get the old Pre W10 photo viewer back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewing/17a4dc27-11a4-402e-b0b5-423f17f76e32
  10. Calendar: Multiple events in month view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar: Multiple events in month view: Just installed Win10 yesterday, and taking a first look at the Calendar app. Unless I have overlooked something, this app has a flaw that makes it almost not worth using. I'm using the app to display my Google Calendar events, a month at a time. In many cases, I have...