Windows 10: Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

Discus and support Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TwoThings_27, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint the colors are more true to the original scene. Attached is a screen shot of the same photo taken on an iPhone. Paint is on the left and Photo Viewer is on the right and the yellow tint is noticable. at least it is to me. The issue even extends to black and white photos. When opened in the Photo Viewer b&w photos have a distinctly yellow cast almost sepia. Whereas, when opened in Paint they are a more true black&white. Is ther

:)

TwoThings_27, Oct 13, 2021

2. Lumia 1020 adds yellow tint to photos

Thanks to @canonrock . Its definetly work for me. I have Lumia 1020 with latest Cyan update and i was also facing a yellowish tint on pictures i capture from any camera app on most of the indoor pictures and got frustered of it as i try to show pics to someone
    about the clarity of my phone, they also feel what a terrible camera not capturing the real colors and there cheap phone are better than this. One day i just copied all the pics to my pc and what i noticed is all the pics are shown correctly on my pc with
    no yellow tint over them but again i check on my phone they are yellow, i tried to send a pic from whats app to iphone 4 and there also the pic was outstanding. Then it clicked to my mind that there is no problem in camera but there is some problem with the
    viewer of photos which is showing me the yellow images. I had also tried different viewer like HD photo viewer but it also don't help me.

Then thanks to canonrock tried his mentioned trick that is Go to settings > display > adjust color > then set color temperature to cool and
    color saturation to Natural or adjust accordingly..Woola the yellowish tint is gone and its fixed now. Thanks once again. Hope it will help others.

sachinlehar, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Lumia 1020 adds yellow tint to photos

Please Nokia Support,

I have the same problems. I have a Lumia 1020 and all photos are yellow tint, since focus, before and after take a picture.

When Nokia will fix it?

I think it's a BIG PROBLEM, this would be the TOP product of Nokia about photos and doesn't work well.

What's happened?

I'm very worried!

Jener Garcia Menezes, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

Lumia 1020 adds yellow tint to photos

So, here are my observations and thoughts.

I too was very concerned that after taking a photo, you'd have this sharp, cool tone photo that gets blurry and warm when the phone "processes" it. While I do believe the post processing is changing the tone from cool to warm, I don't think the sharpness
    is being affected and I'll tell you why:

The image you see immediately after taking a photo is pretty much a screenshot of your 1020 after the shutter has been depressed. The 'blurry' image you see afterwards is the full 5mp res version being downscaled to display on your screen. However, if
    you take the 5mp or 34/38 mp file and look at it on your computer, it's pretty damn sharp. I think the blurriness is just your 1020s way of showing you a hi-res photo instead of a screenshot.

If I take the super hi-res photo (34mp) and switch back and forth from the 5mp version on a viewer like iPhoto, the 5mp always looks sharper. However, this is the viewer's way of downscaling the 34mp file and it does a poor job of doing that. Now, if i
    take the 34mp file and adjust the image size in Photoshop and now switch back and forth from the resized 34mp and 5mp, both have the same sharpness in the viewer.

My point is, the photos are sharp.. it's your viewer, whether on your desktop or the 1020 that is making it look blurry. (I think).

As for the warm tone, yes, post-processing does add warmth (yellow tint). That sucks, but I post process all of my photos anyway and it's an easy-ish fix. However, knowing that sharpness isn't sacrificed even though it looks that way on my phone, is good
    to know.

Petedgr8---01, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

1. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer adds

2. Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Tint: It looks like there is a warm color tone on my display that cause everything to look awful. This is a new laptop though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-tint/aa087a57-ca57-4d6e-86bc-4f46d4940dc9
  3. Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow Tint: It looks like there is a warm color tone on my display that cause everything to look awful. This is a new laptop though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-tint/aa087a57-ca57-4d6e-86bc-4f46d4940dc9
  4. Windows Photo Viewer applies Yellow Tint & Background to images

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photo Viewer applies Yellow Tint & Background to images: [ATTACH]Windows Photo Viewer is an app to view images on a Windows system. It works fine on most computers, but some users are complaining that Windows Photo Viewer applies a Yellow Tint & Background to images making it look worse. In this article, we are going to address...
  5. Yellow tint on images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow tint on images: My images color changed to yellowish after im updated to windows 10 , tried many ways to fix it but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-tint-on-images/22cce392-8d31-4d21-aed6-11a095625e1e
  6. Yellow tint on images

Yellow tint on images: My images color changed to yellowish after im updated to windows 10 , tried many ways to fix it but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-tint-on-images/22cce392-8d31-4d21-aed6-11a095625e1e
  7. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint: Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint the colors are more true to the original scene. Attached is a screen shot of the same photo taken on an iPhone. Paint is on the...
  8. Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos: Microsoft Photo Viewer applies a yellow filter to all images when I try to view them, if I'm skipping between photos quickly there's a short glimpse of the normal photo before the filter is applied. This doesn't permennantly change the images however it makes it hard to see...
  9. Yellow Tint Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yellow Tint Screen: Recently I've began to play a game called VALORANT, i've noticed that when i open the game my laptops' screen tints this yellow-ish color making white and all other colors look toned down. When i finish playing and close the game the tint is still there and i have to close my...
  10. Yellow Tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yellow Tint: Hi all I have a T470S Lenovo that I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Business onto. The screen has a slight yellow hue compared to my other T470. I've scoured the web for solutions and have: - Ensured Win 10 Night Light was off it was - Ensured Lenovo Vantage...