Windows 10: photo viewer changes the file extension

Discus and support photo viewer changes the file extension in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; photo viewer changes the file extension to jiff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Antonio DFernandez Sr, Jul 15, 2020.

1. photo viewer changes the file extension

photo viewer changes the file extension to jiff

:)

Antonio DFernandez Sr, Jul 15, 2020

2. unable to change photo viewer+

Hi Garth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To make sure I understand correctly, you are unable to change the default photo viewer app is that correct?

If so, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

1. Right click on a photo and select "open with".

2. Click "choose another app"

3. Select the appropriate app and check "always use this app to open .jpeg/.png file".

4. Click "ok".

If that doesn't help, try the next step.

Step 2:

1. Type default programs in the search bar and open it.

2. Click "associate a file type or protocol with a program".

3. Locate the extension of the photo (.jpeg/.png) and click "change program".

4. Choose the desired program and save the changes.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 15, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

photo viewer changes the file extension [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jul 15, 2020
  4. photo viewer changes the file extension

Changing file viewer in File Explorer

Hi Charles,

To address your concern, kindly follow the steps below on how to change the default Photo viewer:

• Click on Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on System then Default apps.
    • Under Photo viewer click on Photos and choose the app you want.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

photo viewer changes the file extension

1. photo viewer changes the file extension - Similar Threads - photo viewer changes

2. Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] is there a registry key to get rid of it now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-files-extension-disabling-the-if-you/dc219745-91fb-4c6b-9821-76fa22cf20c9
  3. File Extension Changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Extension Changes: My wife tried to open an Excel file she attached to an email before she sent it to make sure it was the right one. That act then proceeded to try to open over 150 files. They were still scrolling across the top when the only thing I could figure out what to do was to sign...
  4. File extension changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File extension changed: how can I recover my files that changed to .mado extension? is there any easy idea my all files are encrypted as .mado . How to decrypt ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-extension-changed/5eb5c4f3-acce-4907-9e10-857faaec0e1c
  5. Change file extension for Notepad ++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file extension for Notepad ++: Ran multiple searches and hard to believe this hasn't been covered but ... I need to find 'Change Program' in the list of file extensions under Default Programs>"Associate a file type or protocol". Thank you. P.S. Also if the site's search can't find Notepad ++ (with or...
  6. photo viewer crashing and corrupted files

photo viewer crashing and corrupted files: i'm having problems with windows 10. the photo viewer keeps crashing. i ran sfc/scannow and it said that the pc has corrupted files that it wasn't able to repair. how can i fix this with out doing a reset or reinstall of windows? 136755
  7. photo viewer crashing and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    photo viewer crashing and corrupted files: i'm having problems with windows 10. the photo viewer keeps crashing. i ran sfc/scannow and it said that the pc has corrupted files that it wasn't able to repair. how can i fix this with out doing a reset or reinstall of windows? 136755
  8. How to change a file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change a file extension: How do I change a file extension or file type in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-a-file-extension/f430aae6-5a42-4b76-b2f4-f45a21f6c8a8"
  9. Photo file extension with strange characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo file extension with strange characters: After saving photos, image has multiple weird characters, and says 0 size. How can I get rid of this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've done scans and date reset, but did not help. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812