Windows 10: photo viewer default application not able to change

Discus and support photo viewer default application not able to change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hai, I have installed Paint.net some time ago. After that my default application change to that program. Whatever I had tried to change it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SasikumarThangavel, Oct 28, 2018.

1. photo viewer default application not able to change

Hai,

I have installed Paint.net some time ago. After that my default application change to that program. Whatever I had tried to change it back to the Photo Viewer, nothing is happening.

After I go to System -> Default applications and change application for Photos, my desktop refresh and that's it. Anything else. Paint.net is still default. I even uninstalled Paint.net, but the situation is the same. The only difference is that Paint is not more listed, but "unknown application".

I tried with right-click on photos and Open with... option, but the result was the same. Desktop refresh, and default app remain the same.

What I can do to change default Photo viewer?

SK.

:)

SasikumarThangavel, Oct 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 28, 2018
  4. photo viewer default application not able to change

Set Windows Photo Viewer as default to open photos

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set window photo viewer as default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Control Panel and under View by change it to
      Small Icons.

• Click on Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs

• Click on Windows Photo Viewer from the Left pane and click on
      Choose Defaults for this program.

• Select all the formats available from the list and click on
      Save and click Ok.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

photo viewer default application not able to change

1. photo viewer default application not able to change - Similar Threads - photo viewer default

2. Default Application instead of Photos's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Application instead of Photos's: Is there anything I can get to replace photo editor in windows 11 can't get it to be my default application which is irfanview. for some reason 11 it wont allow it...
  3. Default Application instead of Photos's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Application instead of Photos's: Is there anything I can get to replace photo editor in windows 11 can't get it to be my default application which is irfanview. for some reason 11 it wont allow it...
  4. How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

How to Change my Default Photo Viewer on Windows 10?: Dear Microsoft Community, Hello. For a while now I have been trying to change my default photo viewer to "Microsoft Photo Viewer." I really enjoy it more than the default "Photos" for Windows 10. However, if I click on the properties of a photo on my files and try to...
  5. Photo Viewer Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo Viewer Application: Recently I've noticed that every time I try and double click a photo the photo viewer application I guess bugs out and tells me "The app didn't start". No matter what I've done I haven't been able to fix it and it's really starting to get on my nerves at this point. Need help...
  6. Windows Photo Viewer not able to set as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photo Viewer not able to set as default: So I've added the registry key to activate back " Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell\open]...
  7. Win10 refuses to change the default photo viewer

Win10 refuses to change the default photo viewer: I just did a fresh Win10 reinstall on Sunday and I always prefer to use the old Windows Photo Viewer from Vista and 7. But when I choose 'open with' then check 'always use this app' for a picture it opens that time correctly but continues to default using the Win10 Photos app...
  8. Default applications - not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default applications - not changing: Default applications are not changing in app properties, but in the windows default app settings they are being saved. However, the files still open with their default assigned apps, which is usually not set....
  9. Windows 10 Photo viewer application

Windows 10 Photo viewer application: Hello, this message is for Brink. Just to let you know your tip for making the photo viewer app work in 10 has worked nearly perfectly: but i did discover one small issue and i was hoping you'd know what causes it, and that you could post it and email it to me. when I...
  10. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812