Windows 10: Photo Viewer Pops Up Every time I download an Image

Discus and support Photo Viewer Pops Up Every time I download an Image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I download an image the photo viewer pops up. Extremely annoying and then my computer has to load the file and your program is really slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DougIson, Dec 7, 2019.

1. DougIson Win User

Photo Viewer Pops Up Every time I download an Image

Every time I download an image the photo viewer pops up. Extremely annoying and then my computer has to load the file and your program is really slow loading. It's a big problem. It just started doing this after a Windows Update... somebody probably thought it was a good idea ... it was a bad idea. How do you stop it from doing that? I just want to download the image I will open it later with the program of my choice.

:)

DougIson, Dec 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Dec 7, 2019
  4. candun Win User

Windows Photo Viewer or Windows Image Viewer?

Thank you for replying to my 'Windows Photo Viewer or Windows Image Viewer' e mail query?

Am familiar with Windows Essentials: Photo Gallery, have used it on all of the Windows O/S PC/laptops I have had.

And have seen the Windows 10 'Photos' App, on my Windows 10 Apps list, have a look at it from time to time?

candun, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Photo Viewer Pops Up Every time I download an Image - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer Pops

2. This pop ups every time I open my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This pop ups every time I open my computer: Every time I open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pop-ups-every-time-i-open-my-computer/a793a15b-2efb-4680-87aa-a416c0edc2fc
  3. Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.

Every time that I a program Microsoft store pops up.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program and never does...
  4. Every time I open a photo then minimize it and then open another photo the first photo pops...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I open a photo then minimize it and then open another photo the first photo pops...: Every time I open a photo then minimize it and then open another photo the first photo pops up smaller in size. I have to maximize and then minimize every time.How do I stop this from happening? Windows 11.* Moved from Community Center...
  5. photo viewer download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo viewer download: Download photo viewer for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer-download/1bf97164-5453-402c-974f-e6fc0d41a1e4
  6. photo viewer download

photo viewer download: Download photo viewer for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer-download/1bf97164-5453-402c-974f-e6fc0d41a1e4
  7. Photo viewer suddenly has a border with every image if not started from the photo viewer app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo viewer suddenly has a border with every image if not started from the photo viewer app: I've been going crazy with Photo Viewer, this is an issue that reared its head only 2 days ago... I genuinely do not know what happened. So here is my problem:Note the border around the picture despite it being set to "full screen" F11, the border is dark because I have...
  8. Photo Viewer Image Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  9. Box Pops Up Every Time I sign In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Box Pops Up Every Time I sign In: I upgraded my Nvidia GPU drivers to a hotfix version, 461.51, which installed with a constant "NVIDIA Web Helper.exe -Bad Image C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.0dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the...
  10. Bad Image Error message pops up every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Image Error message pops up every time: Following error pops up everytime I am trying to run some installed programs on my computer. [ATTACH] I tried to uninstall those programs but system is not allowing me to uninstall. I also tried to restore my system in safe mode but there are no restore points being shown....