Windows 10: Photo Viewer Question

Discus and support Photo Viewer Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am finding it impossible to copy and paste from Photos. Am I overlooking something? I want to watermark my images, and am unable to, without emailing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by foetoefreak, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Photo Viewer Question

I am finding it impossible to copy and paste from Photos. Am I overlooking something? I want to watermark my images, and am unable to, without emailing them to me, downloading them, then uploading them to my watermark program...too many steps! *Rolleyes

Also...it there a way to make folders of the photos?

Any help would be MOST appreciated!

:)

foetoefreak, Aug 17, 2015

2. Photo Viewer Questions

1 Is there any way of hiding the "Edit" bar at the top of screen as it impacts on viwing?

2 I have a problem on making CD's in that portrait pictures do not show in correct orientation when shown on DVD recorder.

To counter this, when using Photo Viewer with Win. 8.1/IE11, I turned these pictures 90 degree clockwise, then came out of the viewer & then re-entered & returned the pictures the correct way. This action made the pictures show correctly when played on the
    DVD M/c.

Would the same procedure work with the Win. 10 Photo viewer?

JohnClarkZV, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Photo Viewer Questions

Hi John,

1) I would like to inform you that there is no option to hide the Edit bar.
    I suggest you to access the photos in the full screen mode.

2) For this issue, I would like to inform you that turning the pictures to 90 degree will work the same way on Windows 10 Photo Viewer.
    First make sure that the pictures are oriented correctly by using the Photo Viewer first and then burn it to the CD.

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 17, 2015
  4. monty Win User

Photo Viewer Question

Hi there

I believe you're viewing your backedup photos? (i.e. Start > Photos > Collection) this is the backedup photos from your phone/tablet to onedrive, you can delete, view and share them, but you can't control them I think.

if you are in fact looking at the Pictures in your library, then I'm not sure what's happening and maybe someone else could chip in.

Regards

monty, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Thank you for your input, Monty.

The images that I upload from my memory card into my desktop computer go directly into "Photos." I'm used to having them go into "Pictures," but I am not finding them there. There seems to be no option provided for putting them into a folder.

Does this help to explain my problem?

6. monty Win User
    Am not sure, Windows 10 and Microsoft in general is doing new stuff (I haven't even used 8!) but that's why we're all here to learn together.

What did you use - or more specifically - how did you download your pictures onto your desktop? personally I use copy and paste. and where are you downloading them from? phone, camera or tablet?

thanks

monty, Aug 17, 2015
  8. monty Win User

Photo Viewer Question

Yup, you're backing it up to onedrive I believe.

You have to go to This PC > your card => go to the folder where all the pictures are in => select the folder, copy, then go to "Pictures" on the left side of that window and copy the folder there.

let me know how it goes

monty, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Thanks, Monty! I'll give it a try and get back to you.

foetoefreak, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Nope...the only photos I have in OneDrive are the ones I had before I bought this new computer with the Windows 10 upgrade. *Huh

11. Monty...

I don't have any of my new images appearing in my "Pictures" folders. They all immediately go directly into "Photos," the page with the white mountain icon...blue background. *cry

12. neomatter Win User
    Hmmm... what you might want to do is this:

Go into Settings>Devices>AutoPlay

There you can choose to turn it off or choose a setting for it. I have it turned on and take no action.

Maybe this might help in preventing it from automatically doing whatever it is doing.

neomatter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Photo Viewer Question

1. Photo Viewer Question - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer Question

2. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  3. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer: My photos are resizing automatically. I have photos saved to an external drive. When I view a single photo from the drive the photo shows at the size it was saved. However if I access the drive through explorer to view all of the photos in the file they start resizing after 2...
  4. Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer: When I try to open a photo specifically a jpeg file from Explorer I get an error message that says something like the Error Message below:The default apps setting for .jpg is the Windows Photo Viewer app:How do I get the system to recognize and open the Photos Viewer...
  5. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: I use Windows Photo Viewer and recently it's shortcut in the taskbar disappeared,not sure but could be due to a recent windows update,when I open Photo Viewer from file explorer the shortcut doesn't appear in the taskbar,any way I can resolve this TIA Windows Version No 20H2...
  6. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo viewer: Can this piece of literal shit get any worse? Most notable issues: - Random massive memory leaks which consume your system's entire memory and grinds everything to a halt unless you realize what's going on quickly enough and force close it. - Literally can't handle opening...
  7. Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo viewer: Hi! This problem is listed as resolved in the forum, but the given solutions did not work for me. I have Photos the preferred MS app for this function selected as my default Photo Viewer and yet I cannot open .jpg files. Why doesn't the MS product work with Windows 10?...
  8. photo viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    photo viewer: can i use previous photo viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-viewer/0103b8e3-3467-4987-8c9b-fda3bcbf725f"
  9. Photo Viewer

Photo Viewer: After a recent update I can no longer use the photo viewer, the tile does not respond and nothing happens when I pop my SD card in. I used it with no problems on windows 8.1. I have tried various settings using auto play to no avail. 25474
  10. Question regarding Photo viewers

Question regarding Photo viewers: Hello I'm experiencing a problem... When I save a photo to my hard drive after I have picked a folder and click on "Save," the Photo Viewer will pop up with that photo. Regardless of the web page or content, if the picture is a Jpeg, JPG. or PNG after I save to the hard...