Windows 10: Photo wont open

Discus and support Photo wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 Ultimate OS Build 18362.778 Vere 1903 For some reason some of my pics will not open and I get the message "It appears that we dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noel, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Noel Win User

Photo wont open

Hello,
    Windows 10 Ultimate OS Build 18362.778 Vere 1903
    For some reason some of my pics will not open and I get the message "It appears that we dont support this file format " the format shown in properties is Jpg file. Other Jpg files in the same folder open correctly.
    Can anyone help
    Thank you

:)

2. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Photos wont open files

Hello Bron,

We apologize for the delay in response from our end. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

As an initial recommendation, before you uninstall the App, I would suggest you to deploy the App troubleshooter from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Now, to be able to uninstall the Photo App, refer to the below steps.

• First, open PowerShell as administrator.
    • Open the Start menu, search for “PowerShell,” right-click the PowerShell shortcut, and select “Run as administrator.” Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type in the following powershell command to uninstall the Photo App.

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Download and install the Photo App from the below link:

Microsoft Photos
    Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel fre to write to us and w eowuld be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Photo wont open

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Photo wont open

1. Photo wont open - Similar Threads - Photo wont open

2. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  3. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  4. Microsoft Photos Wont Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos Wont Open: I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photos but it wont open. I've tried repairing and uninstalling the app but it still wont work.I keep getting this error code:Can someone help?...
  5. Photo wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo wont open: Hello, Windows 10 Ultimate OS Build 18362.778 Vere 1903 For some reason some of my pics will not open and I get the message "It appears that we dont support this file format " the format shown in properties is Jpg file. Other Jpg files in the same folder open correctly. Can...
  6. photos not opening

photos not opening: My photos are not opening. It keeps on displaying file system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-opening/10cf9525-01fe-453f-ac6d-34658df59bf5
  7. Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.

Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.: Basically i was trying to open some images and a error message popped up saying "The app didn't start" then i realised that it was photo's fault as it couldnt even open and when i try to open the store, it runs then crashes. Ive tried alotta solutions from 2015 but non seem...
  8. onedrive photos wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive photos wont open: using windows 10 home, I use one drive for storage, looking through one drive I have a number of jpgs with a large cross on them that wont open with any of my programs, ie paint, paint 3D, photo viewer, click here - click here program do I need to open them please? photos...
  9. photos wont print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    photos wont print: when I try to print photos on my hp envy photo printer, it keeps telling me to load the tray. the tray is loaded and it just wont work. can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-wont-print/64eb068a-791a-4b2f-a3cf-d5889c56fe63
  10. windows photo app wont open

windows photo app wont open: the app wont open and I cant find help or answers on the web. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-photo-app-wont-open/9fded477-2081-4c0f-a8e5-52bca137f244