Windows 10: Photograph Downloads

Discus and support Photograph Downloads in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I gave my wife my laptop - HP Pavilion G6 - for her to use to download and store her photos and use on Facebook etc. Yesterday, she told me she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrahamBonnet, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Photograph Downloads

Hi, I gave my wife my laptop - HP Pavilion G6 - for her to use to download and store her photos and use on Facebook etc. Yesterday, she told me she keeps getting update messages, what should she do with them? Having told her, I spent most of the day updating Windows fort her. There was a lot to do! Now, when she downloads her photos, either from her camera or phone, they go to a "Photos" file, whereas before the updates, they all when to a pictures file. This is causing a lot of problems to me!. Is there a way I can reset these downloads to go back to the pictures file? Help would be appreciated to save my ears, and life.

:)

GrahamBonnet, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail App - a Problem with Photographs

Hi Lionel,

To resolve your Mail app issue, we suggest you try reinstalling the application. Follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type PowerShell.
    • Right-click Windows PowerShell from the search result.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage, and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

After following the given steps, open Windows Store, and download
    Mail and Calendar application.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Apr 20, 2020
  4. E H P Win User

Photograph Downloads

Download a Photograph Sent in a Text

Can WP8 download photographs contained in texts akin to how Android has made is so easy for its customers?

PLEASE: Yes or No

If you do not have the professional competence to answer the question then please, Microsoft, spare me the intellectual insult that you will hurl at me with a non-answer answer.

BACKGROUND

From my Android phone, I can download a photograph that was sent to me in a text. It's real easy. All I have to do is select the photo in the text message, a menu comes up and I can select to download the photograph. When I do the same in WP8, I get a
    menu that says: delete, forward or copy. When I tried to find an answer in this Microsoft Community, the Microsoft person said to go reset some MMS parameters and/or to call the cellphone company, typical Microsoft BS pawning off executable answers.

E H P, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Photograph Downloads

1. Photograph Downloads - Similar Threads - Photograph Downloads

2. A simple download of an emailed photograph!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A simple download of an emailed photograph!: I received a lovely photo of my granddaughter's birthday party via Outlook New; now for some incomprehensible reason I cannot download it to my laptop. I tried copy and paste, save image, etc. Nothing works. Once I got something useless called a "file." The best was an...
  3. A simple download of an emailed photograph!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A simple download of an emailed photograph!: I received a lovely photo of my granddaughter's birthday party via Outlook New; now for some incomprehensible reason I cannot download it to my laptop. I tried copy and paste, save image, etc. Nothing works. Once I got something useless called a "file." The best was an...
  4. A simple download of an emailed photograph!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.

My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.: All of a sudden people can't open jpg files that I send them. On checking Properties I see that my photographs all have security: "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Some have been uploaded from my Ipad and some have been...
  6. My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.

My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.: All of a sudden people can't open jpg files that I send them. On checking Properties I see that my photographs all have security: "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Some have been uploaded from my Ipad and some have been...
  7. Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...: Problems downloading Raw Image Extensions from ms store. See above detail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-got-new-pc-with-w11-photographer-so-want-to/391398de-735c-4c50-be2a-8bee624221f0
  8. Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...

Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...: Problems downloading Raw Image Extensions from ms store. See above detail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-got-new-pc-with-w11-photographer-so-want-to/391398de-735c-4c50-be2a-8bee624221f0
  9. Downloading photographs from Canon camera into Pictures

Downloading photographs from Canon camera into Pictures: I have Windows 10. Previously when I downloaded photos from the camera via USB into Pictures, Windows created files for the pictures by date. Now the pictures are just dumped into the general Pictures file. Can't figure what changed. Same camera, same cable, etc, etc......
  10. WD My Passport - downloaded all documents and photographs to this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport - downloaded all documents and photographs to this device: I have a WD My Passport - downloaded all documents and photographs to this device but when I clicked on the icon in settings, nothing happens. I have tried deleting the app and then reinstalling but again, nothing. It used to work with the previous versions of windows but...