Windows 10: Photograph files

Discus and support Photograph files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just imported photographs from my Samsung A20 but ALL of the existing photos on my laptop have disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnHughes001, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Photograph files

I have just imported photographs from my Samsung A20 but ALL of the existing photos on my laptop have disappeared

:)

JohnHughes001, Apr 12, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 12, 2022
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Photographer with file explorer problem

They are pulled from the exif data as the image is being imported into the lightroom database and can be extracted as either a complete date and then formatted, or as I do as individual component, yyyy, mm, dd, then, hh, mm, ss The is also a shot number when more than one shot is within the same second nn this creates my file name including adding text delimiters which is applied to the file by LR.

At the same time I add the default entries into the File metadata, Copyright, photographer name, address, etc - the remaining data is only added as i process the file this would include File title, description, and the related ID tags locations

The full list of metadata EXIF and EXIF and IPTC and their extensions is huge

In addition to the EXIF range [ EXIF Tags ]Lightroom also fully supports the IPTC Tag set [ EXIF Tags ] plus it's possible to add your own tags which I use with some plug-ins

Windows itself only recognises a tiny subset of the full list - what you actually get from the camera will also vary considerably dependent on what is the perceived usage of the camera

Barman58, Apr 12, 2022
  4. Photograph files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

Photograph files

1. Photograph files - Similar Threads - Photograph files

2. Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...: Problems downloading Raw Image Extensions from ms store. See above detail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-got-new-pc-with-w11-photographer-so-want-to/391398de-735c-4c50-be2a-8bee624221f0
  3. Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got new pc with w11. Photographer so want to see raw files after download. Went to ms...: Problems downloading Raw Image Extensions from ms store. See above detail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-got-new-pc-with-w11-photographer-so-want-to/391398de-735c-4c50-be2a-8bee624221f0
  4. HELP! URGENT! how do I find files I photographed yesterday? I went to file explorer but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! URGENT! how do I find files I photographed yesterday? I went to file explorer but...: How do I find files I downloaded yesterday. I used my camera to download files I urgently need to send someone NOW! Help! extremely URGENT!!!!!!...
  5. HELP! URGENT! how do I find files I photographed yesterday? I went to file explorer but...

HELP! URGENT! how do I find files I photographed yesterday? I went to file explorer but...: How do I find files I downloaded yesterday. I used my camera to download files I urgently need to send someone NOW! Help! extremely URGENT!!!!!!...
  6. Photograph files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photograph files: I have just imported photographs from my Samsung A20 but ALL of the existing photos on my laptop have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photograph-files/ad78655d-6f91-4c9c-ba31-b983fb05ba11
  7. Photograph files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photograph files: I have just imported photographs from my Samsung A20 but ALL of the existing photos on my laptop have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photograph-files/ad78655d-6f91-4c9c-ba31-b983fb05ba11
  8. Photographer with file explorer problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Photographer with file explorer problem: Hi all *Smile I'm retired, and belong to a model airplane flying club, and take thousands of photos. I find it very annoying when accessing my photos on my storage drive, it takes Explorer so long to resort them by date. Why can't it sort them once by date, and just leave...
  9. When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...: Hello! I am reposting this as I only received one suggestion and it did not work. I hope someone can help me. Something new changed recently in my photos App in Windows 10. I was trying to view the location map where a photo was taken, and when I clicked on the file info...
  10. When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...: Hello! I wasted so much time on this today, I hope someone can help me. Something new changed recently in my photos App in Windows 10. I was trying to view the location map where a photo was taken, and when I clicked on the file info for the photo, it caused the Photos App...