Windows 10: Photography Classroom Network - Mixed Mac and MS Environment

Discus and support Photography Classroom Network - Mixed Mac and MS Environment in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Long time reader, first time poster...….I'm looking to set up a small standalone network (20-30) workstations in a high school photography class.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jumppr76, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Jumppr76 Win User

Photography Classroom Network - Mixed Mac and MS Environment

Long time reader, first time poster...….I'm looking to set up a small standalone network (20-30) workstations in a high school photography class. There is already a wifi network run by the school in the classroom, but the Mac machines aren't allowed to connect to it. I'd like to set up a second WAP that would allow all the machines to communicate internally and share work, programs and software updates.

Questions:

1. Will a simple broadband WiFi router get this done?

2. Or should I get a switch/router and set up a managed network with server/workstation functions?

3. Can all the workstations be configured to connect to both networks to allow switching between the two when needed?

THanks!

:)

Jumppr76, Oct 29, 2018

2. Seeing a Mac over a network

I made all the changes you suggested, except the computer browser which wasn't on the list. Restarted the PC and still no sign of the Mac on the network in file explorer.

Thanks,

Bob

RobertFredley, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Design your own VR environment (cliff house, Mixed Reality)

I'm talking about the Windows Mixed Reality environment. Now it is a standard (but beautiful) home with a few spaces, but I would love to build my own 3D desktop to roam around in.

Maybe MS could use one of these home design programs and port it to Mixed Reality.

ChrisMentink, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Photography Classroom Network - Mixed Mac and MS Environment

Classroom network

Hi All,

I will try to keep my question brief. The senior citizens' club I attend has recently acquired Windows 10 Enterprise version for our computer room. We want to setup Windows 10 with a single tutors' computer and approx. 24 student desktops. We want to use
    a single email address as the account name and enable all students to access this email account without signing in once the tutor has signed in. The student desktops are numbered 1 to 24 etc. We want to be able to send material (pictures, videos, documents
    etc.) to all students on the network which is both Ethernet and wireless.. We do not have Office 365 so Microsoft Classroom does not apply. We had these features with Windows 7. Students need to be able to receive and send emails from the single email address.
    Is this possible and is there an instruction document describing how to setup this arrangement?

richo

Richard Hunt, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Photography Classroom Network - Mixed Mac and MS Environment

1. Photography Classroom Network - Mixed Mac and MS Environment - Similar Threads - Photography Classroom Network

2. Classroom Speakers Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classroom Speakers Stuttering: So for about the last month and half I have had a classroom where the audio stutters before finally playing the sound properly. I have a Dell latitude 3420 hooked up to a Dell WSD19 Dock that connects to our A/V system. Anytime the teacher tries to play a video or audio...
  3. Classroom Speakers Stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classroom Speakers Stuttering: So for about the last month and half I have had a classroom where the audio stutters before finally playing the sound properly. I have a Dell latitude 3420 hooked up to a Dell WSD19 Dock that connects to our A/V system. Anytime the teacher tries to play a video or audio...
  4. Hard drive reflection software for photography

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive reflection software for photography: Hey everyone, I know there's software out there that exists but I'm having a tricky time narrowing it down for this specific use. I have 2 external hard drives where I store my photography on. We'll call them hard drive A and B. In the past I have just copied all the...
  5. Network Mac and Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Mac and Windows: Hi, sorry for my English, I'm from Barcelona. I think I have correctly configured the network to connect from mac to windows and from windows to mac, however from the mac I connect and enter the folders on the windows. But from the windows I can't get into the folders on the...
  6. MS for Mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS for Mac: I previously had MS Windows 10 installed on my MacBook. I sent it in for repairs last week and it looks like it has been reset to factory settings. Is there a way to reinstall without having to purchase another version?...
  7. using Zoom classroom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using Zoom classroom: Does anyone know what was hacked in the recentZoom classroom hacking? My understanding was the hacker managed to enter the classroom and disrupt the class. That would indicate that the teachers entrance password was hacked. Can hackers hack any of the students who use the...
  8. Login photography participation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login photography participation: Hi officer, I was wondering how to participate or contribute my photography to WINDOWS to make them global login display photos. I am confident my photos are as good as (sometimes better than) the current ones . I did also published photography book recently. Please...
  9. Seeing a Mac over a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seeing a Mac over a network: I'm using the latest version of windows 10 and cannot get my PC to recognize the Mac that is also on the network in file explorer. It does recognize the other PC on the network. All have the same workgroup name. The Mac recognizes both PC's. Bob...
  10. Clear Environment Data for Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Environment Data for Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10: How to: Clear Environment Data for Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 How to Clear Environment Data for Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and...