Windows 10: Photos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space

Discus and support Photos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this problem is likely related to Photoshop. I have relentlessly searched for all the instances where this program deposits random folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mothra Moon, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Photos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space

I know this problem is likely related to Photoshop. I have relentlessly searched for all the instances where this program deposits random folders throughout my documents and photo folders on OneDrive. It's like the old song, "4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire" I've yet to count them, much less find them all. However, I have stopped most interaction between Adobe and OneDrive, setting all the file locations to a local root path in my C Drive outside onedrive.

No matter what I do however, the files keep coming back to my local drive. This is most upsetting because I would have -- actually tried to get -- a MUCH LARGER hard drive. I was actually dissuaded by the sales people. Now I am kicking myself because I cannot get the files to stay in OneDrive.

This closed thread describes my problem to a tee. No sooner do I free up space, than the files are back, the moment I turn my back. I did not even open run Lightroom or Photoshop the last time it happened. I have learned to turn off OneDrive when I am working with these files. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!

IS THE SOLUTION REALLY TO PERMANENTLY DISCONNECT ONEDRIVE??? I cannot believe it? If that is the solution then why does this app even exist at all. Anyway, this thread is old and the problem is still exists. Or at least someone tell me how stop Adobe triggering all this nonsense. I went to preferences and changed the file paths in Photoshop, Lightroom, the Creative Cloud App....where else? And no, they are absolutely no help with this either.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nloading/6c74e544-f65c-4e8d-bbcb-103d923c892d

:)

Mothra Moon, Jan 13, 2020

2. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    "On-demand" files marked as free-up space keep being downloaded

Hi,

MsMpEng.exe is a core process of Windows Defender. It scans all downloaded files for spyware, quarantine and/or remove them if they're suspicious. To resolve the issue, we suggest preventing Windows Defender from scanning its directory.
    To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click Settings, then select Add an exclusion (usually located at the bottom of the page).
    • Select Exclude a file, then paste CPhotos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space :program fileswindows defender.
    • Validate by clicking on Exclude this folder.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jan 13, 2020
  4. S.D.K Win User

Photos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Photos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space

1. Photos and Documents constantly downloading despite selecting files on demand and free up space - Similar Threads - Photos Documents constantly

2. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  3. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  4. free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  5. OneDrive persists at full syncing of camera roll despite selecting "free up space"

OneDrive persists at full syncing of camera roll despite selecting "free up space": Hello! I have a number of Windows 10 devices. Most were purchased/set up when OneDrive was less integral to creating to file structure. Now it is such that it uses my OneDrive Documents and Pictures folders as the default library locations. I mostly like this. The problem...
  6. onedrive free up space reverts to download

onedrive free up space reverts to download: I want to keep my photos on OneDrive in the cloud. After freeing up space, OneDrive then downloads my files again, filling up my small SSD hard drive. I have check the option for files on demand. Also, reset OneDrive. This only happens on one of my two HP laptops, both...
  7. free up space

free up space: HOw do I transfer files from C drive to D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/3387af44-6d0c-46b2-af12-b325a86bdb5f
  8. Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

Disk cleaning selection to free up space.: Hello I need free space on my disk C: because now I only have 27 GB of free space. I would like to know if it is recommended to select "compress the operating system drive" in disk cleanup to free up space. Thanks in advance...
  9. back up files to free up space

back up files to free up space: My computer can't install updates because it doesn't have any space on C. I purchased a seagate back up drive but I'm not sure haow to move files to the new drive. I keep getting a message about xbox but I don't have that....
  10. free up space

free up space: how do I free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/0e7474ee-5360-483a-9e9e-7342c9c5f530"