Windows 10: Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

Discus and support Photos and files missing after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop just got updated windows 10 just updated before it updated i had photos and files on here now that it has updated they have all disappeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JOSHUA SILVERS, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

My laptop just got updated windows 10 just updated before it updated i had photos and files on here now that it has updated they have all disappeared. im the only one that uses the laptop so i know that i didnt delete them i have tried to see if they are hidden but i cant find them anywhere on the laptop at all and need the photos back. please if any one knows how to get them back please let me know it is just like they were never on in the first place but they were here when i got on a few days ago.

:)

JOSHUA SILVERS, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

You could restore the classic Windows Photo Viewer app

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Photos and files missing after windows 10 update [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 13, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2022
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

Windows Photos app - "It appears that the file was moved or renamed" when scrolling through photos

Hi,

There are several reason why this issue occurs. This could be a possible settings issue on Windows Photo app. For the first step resolution, we suggest that you perform a

System File Checker
    to scan and repair a possible missing or corrupted system files.

You may also try to reset the Windows Photo app by following the steps below:

• Press windows button + R
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Note: If you follow the Windows Photo app reset it will go back to its original state. To avoid missing or corrupted files, we recommend that you backup the files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

1. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Photos files missing

2. photos and files missing after August 2023 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and files missing after August 2023 update: I did the update like we are supposed to and today I turned on my computer and had to sign in. When I went searching for files and photos on my PC they were missing. I went to the cloud and some were there, but I'm not finding some I just did two weeks ago. Where are they?...
  3. photos and files missing after August 2023 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos and files missing after August 2023 update: I did the update like we are supposed to and today I turned on my computer and had to sign in. When I went searching for files and photos on my PC they were missing. I went to the cloud and some were there, but I'm not finding some I just did two weeks ago. Where are they?...
  4. photos and files missing after August 2023 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and files missing after windows 10 update: My laptop just got updated windows 10 just updated before it updated i had photos and files on here now that it has updated they have all disappeared. im the only one that uses the laptop so i know that i didnt delete them i have tried to see if they are hidden but i cant...
  6. Photos and files missing after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and files missing after windows 10 update: My laptop just got updated windows 10 just updated before it updated i had photos and files on here now that it has updated they have all disappeared. im the only one that uses the laptop so i know that i didnt delete them i have tried to see if they are hidden but i cant...
  7. Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903

Missing file after update to Windows 10 1903: After updating to the latest version of Windows and logging in, this message immediately comes up on my desktop: RunDLL There was a problem starting C:\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. How can I find this module on my computer -- or update...
  8. Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing a Large Photo Folder After Windows 10 Update: When my laptop updated back in June it took me a bit to realize that a large photos folder where I store family photos just disappeared. I would never delete it and it would take awhile to delete because of how many photos are in there so I would have noticed if I had...
  9. Files missing after windows 10 update

Files missing after windows 10 update: Hi , Windows 10 started taking matters on its own hands again and yesterday it performed an update without my permission. Apart from restarting and doing staff on its own this time it considered my files as disposable and deleted them! After spending a few hours and...
  10. Missing file after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing file after Windows 10 update: I got the Windows 10 Creator's Update last night, but when starting up Windows, I get this RunDLL error message, stating: There was a problem starting V0700Pin.dll The specified module could not be found. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it's annoying...