Windows 10: photos and graphics

Discus and support photos and graphics in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Graphics and photos look like negatives on my laptop, how do I correct this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GloriaAvery, Jun 22, 2020.

1. photos and graphics

Graphics and photos look like negatives on my laptop, how do I correct this

:)

GloriaAvery, Jun 22, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done photos and graphics :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 22, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

photos and graphics

photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

photos and graphics

1. photos and graphics - Similar Threads - photos graphics

2. How to recover photos from a old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover photos from a old computer: Hi y’all, I have a computer that will no longer turn on and it has photos from 2005 on it of my dead cat so it’s quite important it is a compaq 110 if that helps. It will not turn on even if I charge it. Is there any way to save my photos?Thank youSent by Emilia Buteau on May...
  3. How to recover photos from a old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover photos from a old computer: Hi y’all, I have a computer that will no longer turn on and it has photos from 2005 on it of my dead cat so it’s quite important it is a compaq 110 if that helps. It will not turn on even if I charge it. Is there any way to save my photos?Thank youSent by Emilia Buteau on May...
  4. I like having my computer photos showing on my laptop monitor but how do I slow them down...

I like having my computer photos showing on my laptop monitor but how do I slow them down...: Can you help me to take screen shots of the computer photos that appear randomly on my monitor and also slow them down ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-like-having-my-computer-photos-showing-on-my/99696259-7db2-49ff-af27-2bfde8160143
  5. After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...: It seems after I updated my graphic drivers all of my documents, pictures and videos have seemed to disappear. They are not in the recycle bin, can not be seen with a file backup app, it doesn't seem like I am in a temporary profile, so I have no idea where all of my files...
  6. After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...: It seems after I updated my graphic drivers all of my documents, pictures and videos have seemed to disappear. They are not in the recycle bin, can not be seen with a file backup app, it doesn't seem like I am in a temporary profile, so I have no idea where all of my files...
  7. After I updated graphic driver all my files: photos, videos, documents have disappeared and...

8. Windows Video Editor sub app of Microsoft Photos keeps graying out/dimming my 3d graphics...

Windows Video Editor sub app of Microsoft Photos keeps graying out/dimming my 3d graphics...: I am trying to make some videos with the built in 3d graphics but this morning every video that I added graphics to now has the 3d graphics all grayed out like as if somehow the saturation was lowered on them until they are almost black but slightly visible. They still work...
  9. Windows Photos Will Not Use Nvidia Dedicated Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Photos Will Not Use Nvidia Dedicated Graphics Card: Windows Photos does not allow the user to switch the GPU to a dedicated GPU on laptops, its grayed out as an option. Before you say this was addressed in another thread and there are many on this because it was never resolved, please make sure to note that NONE of those...
  10. Win10 always reverting to its own graphic and pdf apps (Photos & Edge)

Win10 always reverting to its own graphic and pdf apps (Photos & Edge): To who may solve this problem: Since upgrading (much to my will) to Win 10, I have been confronted with a highly vexing situation. Indeed, whatever I do or tweak, either directly with a right click or via Control Panel, using various methods to dedicate a certain file...