Windows 10: Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update

Discus and support Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greeting, Currently, I am running on Windows 10 with the latest 19H1 update. I went to the start menu to open up Microsoft Store and Photos, but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Huy Lê, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Huy Lê Win User

Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update

Greeting,

Currently, I am running on Windows 10 with the latest 19H1 update. I went to the start menu to open up Microsoft Store and Photos, but they would not open. I did everything to sort out this issue following what I found on the Internet:

1. Reset.
    2. Used the troubleshooter.
    3. Executing the following command in the Command prompt (run as administrator): "wsreset" and "sfc/scannow".
    4. Checked for updates.

But the problem still persists. This is what I got after opening an image through the Photos apps:
    Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update a74c142f-d59a-4463-9db0-5f49a2513c94?upload=true.jpg

There are many important photos and files that I cannot open now, so having any feedback is highly appreciated.
    Respectfully,
    Huy

:)

Huy Lê, Jun 15, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update

Open with another app 'photos'

When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like paint and photos are in the list as they should be but this is a rogue one. Does anyone else see this?

Scottyboy99, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update

1. Photos and many other apps do not open after the 19H1 update - Similar Threads - Photos many apps

2. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  3. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  4. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  5. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  7. Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update: Updated my windows 10 today and now the microsoft apps dont work such as the photos app. It says this app cant open. I cant even open the microsoft store anymore so i dont know what to do now......
  8. Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG

Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already JPEG: Photos will not open in photo app but will in all other apps - already in JPEG form. I can even attach to emails but the regular photo viewer will not open them it says file location can not be found....but every other application can locate them just fine. This occurs on...
  9. Photo app closing after "too many photos" open?

Photo app closing after "too many photos" open?: Hey, I recently purchased a high-powered laptop (Alienware 17) and I'm having problems with the photos app just choosing to close ALL of my photos I have open when I seem to reach some sort of peak capacity. The problem with this is that it really isn't that many photos that...
  10. Photos & other files do not open in w10

Photos & other files do not open in w10: Hi, just updated from w8.1 to W10. Photos & other files do not open in w10, what do I need to see most of my files? ....thanx .....nick 7280