Windows 10: Photos and moviesstored in folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows...

Discus and support Photos and moviesstored in folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a Dell PC (G715) My photos stored in some folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaYh89, Sep 29, 2019.

1. JaYh89 Win User

Photos and moviesstored in folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows...

I have an up-to-date Windows 10 on a Dell PC (G715)

My photos stored in some folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows photo Icon.

This makes it frustrating when I open a folder to view the photos. I have to open each photo to look at it individually. I cannot work on my photos easily and it is very frustrating.

I just opened up a folder where just some of the photos were covered with the Windows icon. I thought that, perhaps if I altered the view, this might fix it. I changed the view to "details". When I then changed to Large icons view. all of the photos changed to being covered by the icon.

I really want to fix this big problem! It seems to be getting worse!

:)

JaYh89, Sep 29, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. saving pictures to a picture folder from a diCD on windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple step and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the picture that you want to copy to the system picture file\folder.
    • Select copy and go the system picture folder and right click on the picture and select
      paste.
    Also visit the below link on Import photos into Photo Gallery

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Photos and moviesstored in folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows...

Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Photos and moviesstored in folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows...

1. Photos and moviesstored in folders under Pictures are now completely covered by the Windows... - Similar Threads - Photos moviesstored folders

2. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  6. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  7. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  8. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  9. Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder: I keep all my photos in the Windows Pictures folder (in many sub-folders). I have noted that there are numerous pix in Google Photos that are NOT in the Windows Pictures folder. I have been researching the Web to determine how pix in Google can be transferred to the Windows...
  10. Microsoft's Windows 10: More on the 'under the covers'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows 10: More on the 'under the covers': Microsoft's Windows 10: More on the 'under the covers' security, Store features Microsoft's Windows 10 will include more than just user interface tweaks. Here are some of the expected security, manageability and Store changes coming to the next version of Windows...