Windows 10: Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

Discus and support Photos and MS Store Apps won't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After installing the most recent Win 10 updates, I find that I cannot open the Photos app, nor can I get Microsoft Store to open. When trying to open... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GusClark, Dec 25, 2019.

1. GusClark Win User

Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

After installing the most recent Win 10 updates, I find that I cannot open the Photos app, nor can I get Microsoft Store to open. When trying to open Photos I get a blue dialog box with the message "This app can't open". I've tried to repair and reset this app with no improvement. Windows won't let me uninstall.

When I click on MS Store in the Start Menu I get a black dialog box that states Store has just been installed and a button to launch. clicking the Launch button removes the dialog box but doesn't launch Store.

I'm running a Surface Pro 2 with Win 10. Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

GusClark, Dec 25, 2019

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 25, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos and MS Store Apps won't open :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

1. Photos and MS Store Apps won't open - Similar Threads - Photos Store Apps

2. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  3. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.: Recently I've been trying to open some videos and photos on my pc but everytime I'd attempt to I would get an error message like thisI have watched many tutorials and read many posts about how to make it work, tried alot of solutions and other things. I've also discovered I...
  4. Can't open videos/photos and apps such as microsoft store won't open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  6. My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.: Hello, My Microsoft Store won't open and my Microsoft Photos app won't open up on my laptop desktop. It sometimes tries to open but immediately shuts down. How can this be fixed? Thank you. Patty...
  7. Cannot open photo or MS store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open photo or MS store: Following the latest update, I cannot now open photos. I get the error message "The app can't open. Check windows store for info about photos. See instore." Unfortunately, MS store won't open. I just get a blank screen for a couple of second then it closes. I have tried...
  8. Photos app won't open

Photos app won't open: My Photos app won't open. It was fine a couple of days ago. When I click on the picture icon on the start menu I can see my pictures, but I cannot open them. It won't open under another user profile either. I have tried repair, reset and I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  9. Windows 10 Store Won't Open/Photos App won't work *Solution*

Windows 10 Store Won't Open/Photos App won't work *Solution*: Hey, guys, I think I found out how to solve this problem. I tried many different methods and most things everybody had said to try didn't work for me but I finally got a solution. I had not been able to open the Microsoft Photos app and so I deleted it but then noticed I...
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...