Windows 10: Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

Discus and support Photos and photos albums on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop. I have gone thru all of the photos and having created numerous albums, I assigned each picture to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FS1KS2, Feb 28, 2020.

1. FS1KS2 Win User

Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop. I have gone thru all of the photos and having created numerous albums, I assigned each picture to the appropriate album. However, now when I go back to photos, I find that each one has duplicated and now shows twice. Is there a way to avoid this happening?

:)

FS1KS2, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Feb 28, 2020
  3. photo albums

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you have followed to setup an album using Windows 10?
    2. Which application are you using to display the album?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to Photos app, I suggest you to refer the section “Help the app find more photos” from the article
    See all your photos
    for the steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

Photo's app removes my photo's from an album

Hi Dino,

To help resolve you concern, what we suggest is to modify your photos properly. Follow these steps:

• Select the Start

Photos and photos albums on Windows 10 28805_en_1.jpg

button, then select Photos.

• Select Albums, select the album you want, then select
      Edit
      . Or, to start creating a new album, select New album , select the photos you want to include, and then select
      Done .

• Do any of the following:

• Type to enter a new title.

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, then select
        Done .

• To change the photo shown at the top, select Change cover, choose a photo, then select
        Done .
    You may also watch the video on this
    link
    for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

1. Photos and photos albums on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Photos photos albums

2. Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....: Dear friendsI am organising my Dad's funeral.My digital photos are all over the place on the hard drive of my PC and three external drives from previous years. It is a project on my large list of t do's.My teenage son has spent the last few evening going through every single...
  3. Windows 10 photo albums

Windows 10 photo albums: A great number of my photo albums have disappeared. It began with just one album missing, then more, now about a third of them. The photos are still on my computer, but the specific albums, the result of hours and hours of work, are empty. I believe this is due to Windows 10...
  4. Photos Album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Album: Why does it include general internet content along with my photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/bea6450b-f9e3-41c5-bcff-b4257a67287f
  5. Photo's Album

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo's Album: My photo file keeps crashing and will not upload all my new photo's of my SD card. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-album/cc95e459-19e7-49f5-9708-c2ee4d168fef
  6. photo album

photo album: I spent 4 hours last night selecting photos for a photo book using the photos app on windows 10, now I want to upload the photos to a website so that I can create my photobook. There seems to be no way of doing this. What is the point in having a photo album if you can't...
  7. photo album

photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  8. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  9. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  10. Photo albums

Photo albums: I have created albums for the past 2 years. I can now see the album names but no pictures show when I access the album name. Instead, windows 10 closes the picture app and takes me back to the desktop. Help!...