Windows 10: Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

Discus and support Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I'm pretty certain I've screwed up here but hoping someone can help! I transferred across all of my photos and videos from my phone a week ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Palmer7189, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

Hey,

I'm pretty certain I've screwed up here but hoping someone can help!

I transferred across all of my photos and videos from my phone a week ago to save up some storage space (long flight, netflix/prime, you get me), or so I thought I did. Only returning to them now does it seem like only a small percentage actually copied across.

Exhibit 1: The folder my photos are in, the last few showing as working files, the remainder (about 80-90% now showing thumbnails and not opening. The size is 10tb (I certainly don't have a 10tb phone...) but the on file size is much smaller.

Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening 2vbo85j.jpg

Exhibit 2: All of the non working files have a 'on file disk' size of 4kb, even the videos, but with a size each of 7.35gb.

Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening 1z6xctw.jpg

I'm guessing they're gone for good but since Windows can see there's supposed to be more data (i.e the big files sizes) I'm hoping there's some magic way to restore them.

Much appreciation in advance!

Cheers

:)

Palmer7189, Feb 28, 2019

2. transfering photos/videos

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

There are lot of ways to transfer your photos and videos from your phone to your PC. This

link
    contains the steps on how we can complete the transfer.

Hope this helps.

Emmanuel Gam, Feb 28, 2019
  3. DaedalusHelios, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

windows trouble transferring photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How are you trying to transfer photos from iPhone?
    2. Have you tried transferring photos from any other device?
    3. Have you tried connecting the iPhone to any other PC to transfer photos?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Since you are unable to access the photos on the iPhone, I suggest you to refer the article on

DCOM event ID 10016 is logged in Windows

Method 2:

Re-install iTunes and check.

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Search for iTunes and click on it.
    3. Now click on uninstall and follow the instructions.

Also, you can refer the article to
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

1. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening - Similar Threads - Photos videos phone

2. Unable to transfer photos from phone to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to transfer photos from phone to PC: I have an old Android phone and a laptop running Windows 10. My phone doesn’t have an SD card and a data package. I did everything I can, updated drivers for this Motorola Rival phone...
  3. I PHONE PHOTOS WILL NOT OPEN

I PHONE PHOTOS WILL NOT OPEN: MY I PHONE PHOTOS ARE ON USB DRIVE AND WINDOWS WILL NOT OPEN THE PICTURES. IT SAYS I NEED TO UPGRADE TO SOMETHING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-phone-photos-will-not-open/65c3ec09-d37f-4c1e-bb62-b48e19876172"
  4. Transferring photo from Moto E5 Play phone to computer question

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring photo from Moto E5 Play phone to computer question: I just bought my first smartphone, a Moto E5 Play and am just trying to learn about how to use it. I have watched some videos from Consumer Cellular, but I can't find any instructions on how to transfer a photo from my phone to my home computer. I've only done that with a...
  5. Photos from phone to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photos from phone to computer: I have tried forever to transfer my pictures from my phone to my computer only to fail. Ever since I got Windows 10 this has happened. Can you please help me? Thank you, Caroline...
  6. Transferring photos from android cell phone to my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from android cell phone to my PC: I can transfer the photos I take on my camera to my PC no problem. However, I get every single Microsoft Icon along with them which of course clogs up my picture files. Any solution?...
  7. Photo from video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo from video: I am trying to use Photos to save a picture from a video but I keep getting the message that Something went wrong, try again later. I have reset both Microsoft Photos and Movies & tv but still get same message. When I logged into my windows account, it says I have all...
  8. transfer photos from my cell phone

transfer photos from my cell phone: I need to transfer my photos that I have in my cell phone to my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-from-my-cell-phone/da8391f5-0f79-49cc-b97a-fdd9d368622d"
  9. Opening photos and video

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening photos and video: Dear Forum members, Since upgrading to 10 I am able to only view my stored files but unable to open. I am given a timed out pop up after 10 seconds of trying to access files. I have previously been able to open all files easily. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks...
  10. Transferring photos from an iphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring photos from an iphone: I am using Windows 10 and would like to transfer all of the photos on my iPhone to my computer. Is this possible please and if so, what is the process. I don't really want to have to use iTunes if possible. Many thanks. 81889

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot download pictures from Moto E5 Play

2. pc to moto e5 phone