Windows 10: Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

Discus and support Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I'm pretty certain I've screwed up here but hoping someone can help! I transferred across all of my photos and videos from my phone a week ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Palmer7189, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

Hey,

I'm pretty certain I've screwed up here but hoping someone can help!

I transferred across all of my photos and videos from my phone a week ago to save up some storage space (long flight, netflix/prime, you get me), or so I thought I did. Only returning to them now does it seem like only a small percentage actually copied across.

Exhibit 1: The folder my photos are in, the last few showing as working files, the remainder (about 80-90% now showing thumbnails and not opening. The size is 10tb (I certainly don't have a 10tb phone...) but the on file size is much smaller.

Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening 2vbo85j.jpg

Exhibit 2: All of the non working files have a 'on file disk' size of 4kb, even the videos, but with a size each of 7.35gb.

Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening 1z6xctw.jpg

I'm guessing they're gone for good but since Windows can see there's supposed to be more data (i.e the big files sizes) I'm hoping there's some magic way to restore them.

Much appreciation in advance!

Cheers

:)

Palmer7189, Feb 28, 2019

2. transfering photos/videos

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

There are lot of ways to transfer your photos and videos from your phone to your PC. This

link
    contains the steps on how we can complete the transfer.

Hope this helps.

Emmanuel Gam, Feb 28, 2019
  3. DaedalusHelios, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

windows trouble transferring photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. How are you trying to transfer photos from iPhone?
    2. Have you tried transferring photos from any other device?
    3. Have you tried connecting the iPhone to any other PC to transfer photos?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Since you are unable to access the photos on the iPhone, I suggest you to refer the article on

DCOM event ID 10016 is logged in Windows

Method 2:

Re-install iTunes and check.

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Search for iTunes and click on it.
    3. Now click on uninstall and follow the instructions.

Also, you can refer the article to
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

1. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening - Similar Threads - Photos videos phone

2. Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop: I've been trying to transfer the photos from my phone moto e6s to my windows laptop using a USB data transfer cable but I keep getting the message saying 'please update device to accept media transfer'. I've tried it in USB and in PTP and still the same....
  3. Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop: I've been trying to transfer the photos from my phone moto e6s to my windows laptop using a USB data transfer cable but I keep getting the message saying 'please update device to accept media transfer'. I've tried it in USB and in PTP and still the same....
  4. photo transfer from i phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo transfer from i phone: When I try to download photos from my i phone 12 i constantly lose the connection. How to I keep a consistent connection so it doesnt keep asking me to try again?...
  5. photo transfer from i phone

photo transfer from i phone: When I try to download photos from my i phone 12 i constantly lose the connection. How to I keep a consistent connection so it doesnt keep asking me to try again?...
  6. photo transfer from i phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  8. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  9. Unable to transfer photos from phone to PC

Unable to transfer photos from phone to PC: I have an old Android phone and a laptop running Windows 10. My phone doesn’t have an SD card and a data package. I did everything I can, updated drivers for this Motorola Rival phone...
  10. transfer photos from my cell phone

transfer photos from my cell phone: I need to transfer my photos that I have in my cell phone to my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-from-my-cell-phone/da8391f5-0f79-49cc-b97a-fdd9d368622d"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer pictures from moto e5 to pc

2. cant find photos on moto e to transfer to pc

3. motorola e5 play transfer picures

4. how to move photos from motorola e5 play to computer,
  5. cannot download pictures from Moto E5 Play,
  6. pc to moto e5 phone