Windows 10: Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

Discus and support Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harley1818, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is in the recycling bin and right-clicking the thumbnails does not give me many options. They wont open either, it just continues to try to load but never opens. And some months are just completely missing. These pictures are every important and I'm not exactly tech savvy. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out? 14381e89-3b30-4e45-954a-7bb6ef196bc9?upload=true.jpg

:)

Harley1818, Apr 1, 2019
  2. doydasda Win User

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

Hey there. I have been browsing around a bit online and didn't see any real solutions to this
    When I am in the app viewing an image, is seems to be squished in more than normal, when usually the image would go to the sides of the window itself.

Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out? [​IMG]

and when I attempt to zoom in on the image, there seems to be thick grey bars alongside the left, right and bottom of the image itself. When I click on the image to get rid of the zoom indicator, it returns to its original position as in the image above.

Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out? [​IMG]

I have followed this Microsoft answers forum post to no luck.
    Grey Borders in Photos App - Microsoft Community
    I have reset the app, deleted it and re-downloaded it, and restarted my computer on top of doing everything in the top post.

It was working fine without the grey bars yesterday, and I'm not sure what happened between then and now. I'm fairly sure this couldn't be an actual update to the app that has done this, so i'm wondering what is doing it. Any answers would be incredibly helpful!

doydasda, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Microsoft Photos app gets updated – save still photos from videos and

Microsoft Photos app gets updated – save still photos from videos and more

Microsoft has released a new update to the Windows 10 Photos app, and the new version appears to have started rolling out to some users. The app has been bumped to version 16.412.13342.0 and brings some new features along with the usual bug fixes, please find the detailed changelog below:

 ◾Save still photos from videos and living images
    ◾Slow-motion videos taken with a Windows phone can now be edited on your PC
    ◾When importing photos to a PC, quickly clear and select all
    ◾View your OneDrive storage usage in Settings
    ◾Adjust the lighting in photos taken with a Windows phone using rich HDR
    ◾New OneDrive pictures appear more quickly in Collection
    ◾Items now stay selected until you cancel or take action on them
    ◾Bug fixes

Read more at Source
    Microsoft Photos app gets updated - save still photos from videos and more

hTconeM9user, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

1. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out? - Similar Threads - Photos videos Microsoft

2. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  3. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  4. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  5. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  6. Fade out video and music in Microsoft Photo app

Fade out video and music in Microsoft Photo app: How do I make a fade in / fade out in the Microsoft Photo app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fade-out-video-and-music-in-microsoft-photo-app/3cee28f1-e921-4629-b5f0-c744f5150e6d
  7. Video using Microsoft Photo app -

Video using Microsoft Photo app -: Hi - I just created a video using the photo app, and I applied the Adventure theme to it. The video is just under 1 minute, and I have various title cards in the video with text on those title cards, and for various duration. Upon playing the video within the app (to see...
  8. Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app: Hey there. I have been browsing around a bit online and didn't see any real solutions to this When I am in the app viewing an image, is seems to be squished in more than normal, when usually the image would go to the sides of the window itself. [img] and when I attempt to...
  9. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has for Windows 10 has blanked out all of my photos. All of the folders and photos are still there, but it is just a blank grey. I do not think I have done anything to change any settings. I have not downloaded anything. When I try to view a photo, the viewer...
  10. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey. The icon on the toolbar is also blanked out in grey. The photos still exist (I think) because they are all still represented in the same spaces in the same folders. It is just that it is a plain grey space. When I double...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos in album blanked out windows 10