Windows 10: Photos and videos vanish from camera roll

Discus and support Photos and videos vanish from camera roll in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I took some photos and videos with the Windows Camera app. I was able to watch the videos and look at the photos afterwards. But after re-connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdrianVogler, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Photos and videos vanish from camera roll

I took some photos and videos with the Windows Camera app.

I was able to watch the videos and look at the photos afterwards.

But after re-connecting my Surface to the docking station my videos and photos disappeared without an undelete tool to even find or recover them.

I only see the links to the videos and photos in the Windows Photo app.

What did happen?

Where are the files?

How can I find/undelete them?

Please HELP!

Thx in advance

Photos and videos vanish from camera roll fb40fda5-0cba-4fd3-b403-571529c8ccef?upload=true.jpg

Photos and videos vanish from camera roll ad3060c5-7c5b-4470-b40f-563889d2309f?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdrianVogler, Dec 28, 2018

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Dec 28, 2018
  3. camera roll

Hi Rosalyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for arranging the camera pictures in recent order and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will open file explorer.
    • Go to “This PC” and click on “pictures folder”.
    • Then click on “camera roll folder”.
    • And right click on the empty space and select “sort by” option.
    • Then select ascending option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Photos and videos vanish from camera roll

How to stop syncing photos in camera roll..?

Hello.

We suggest you to Turn off camera upload to stop automatically upload photos and videos to OneDrive.

• In the OneDrive app, tap Menu
      Photos and videos vanish from camera roll e0d71f11-b422-48c0-9fb3-d505fc0c0e50.png
      in the upper-left corner, then tap
      Settings
      Photos and videos vanish from camera roll daef76d8-4598-4fd9-802e-92aa0ec99a65.png

• In the Settings box, tap Camera upload, then turn off
      Camera upload to stop automatically upload photos and videos to OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Rey, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Photos and videos vanish from camera roll

1. Photos and videos vanish from camera roll - Similar Threads - Photos videos vanish

2. Photos Vanish from One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Vanish from One Drive: I was organizing my photo albums, and suddenly one of them was empty. I noticed the same with a different photo album the other day. There weren't that many pictures in it, and I thought maybe I had been mistaken,But there's no mistaking the loss of photos from this...
  3. Photos Vanish from One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Vanish from One Drive: I was organizing my photo albums, and suddenly one of them was empty. I noticed the same with a different photo album the other day. There weren't that many pictures in it, and I thought maybe I had been mistaken,But there's no mistaking the loss of photos from this...
  4. Multiple Videos not saved to camera roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Videos not saved to camera roll: I took 3 8-minute videos on a Dell Latitude 3380 with Windows 10 on the camera app. They did not show up in the photos app at first because the photo app was having problems. They were present in the camera roll folder, however. After closing the computer, it completely...
  5. Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll

Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll: I've filmed and taken multiple photos and videos on the camera of my surface 7, but I can only see three files in my camera roll. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-and-photos-not-in-camera-roll/4a3bac44-4ae8-433a-a4d3-c104523e72ea
  6. Cannot access camera roll and its photos

Cannot access camera roll and its photos: Hello, So as stated above, I am unable to access the photos in my camera roll. Whenever I try to access it through quick access on the file explorer it tells me the file is unavailable. Although I can access it through photos>then clicking the camera roll, so what is the...
  7. Moving photos from the camera roll to a file folder in one drive

Moving photos from the camera roll to a file folder in one drive: Hello, I am wanting to know if there is a way to move photos to a file folder from my camera roll , and no longer have them show up in my camera roll just in the file folder i put them in?...
  8. Camera Roll

Camera Roll: Hello, I am trying to print multiple photos on one page. This is not available through pictures and when I tried to look at camera roll the pictures were not there to choose but the ability to print multiple is... How do I get my photos on camera roll from pictures, or how...
  9. Camera Roll

Camera Roll: Photos taken using this Laptop used to be available from a box in the camera window; now they are there until the Camera window is closed and then there is a msg. saying "You haven't captured anything recently. Open the Photos app..... Earlier today they were not there...
  10. Photos from Camera Roll

Photos from Camera Roll: I cannot open my pictures that I took with the camera on my surface pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-from-camera-roll/4e2bd2c2-4e85-492e-8009-a39ef20ea719"