Windows 10: Photos and Youtube video appear dark when enlarged

Discus and support Photos and Youtube video appear dark when enlarged in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having photo and video issues on my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Photos viewed as thumbnails in file explorer look normal. When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dnm481966, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Dnm481966 Win User

Photos and Youtube video appear dark when enlarged

I have been having photo and video issues on my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. Photos viewed as thumbnails in file explorer look normal. When I try to view any single photo they enlarge fine but then immediately darken to the point where I have a hard time seeing them. This happens with every photo I try to open. A similar thing happens in Youtube. Youtube thumbnails appear fine. When I click on a video it appears fine but let me try using full screen mode and the video goes dark, hard to see. Has anyone encountered this and have any idea how to correct it? Thanks in advance.

:)

Dnm481966, Aug 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Photos and Youtube video appear dark when enlarged 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    internet explorer - youtube video while locked.

For this scenario, we would further suggest the following:

• Download a third party app from Windows Store, which does play Youtube videos even when the screen is locked.
    • Send your feedback to Youtube customer support about this particular concern.
    • Update to Windows 10 as Lumia 735 is upgradable.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Joythar K Win User

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

This issue may arise when your Graphics card is not updated or compatible.

Therefore, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Update Graphics Card.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver Tab and click on Update.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Method 2: Enable Software Rendering.

Please click on the link below and enable Use of Software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering mode.

How to enable or disable software rendering in Internet Explorer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528233

(Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the article.)

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube videos?

2. Is the issue specific to Internet Explorer or Edge?

3. Do you remember making any changes to the settings?

If you are using internet explorer to view youtube videos, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below.

Use Compatibility View in Internet Explorer

Follow the instructions provided in the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10

Also refer to the article given below.

Videos won't play or webpages won't display correctly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-10

Hope the information provided was helpful. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post. We will be glad to assist.

Joythar K, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos and Youtube video appear dark when enlarged - Similar Threads - Photos Youtube video

2. Dark videos when reproducing MKV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark videos when reproducing MKV files: Hi. ASUS Vivobook PRO, IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, IntelR HD Graphics 630. Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2 Build 22621.2428. Drivers up-to-date. When I try to watch MKV videos on VLC, they look much darker than they should be. Not an application issue because I tried...
  3. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  4. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  5. Photo Video editor for youtube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Video editor for youtube: Can I use The video editor for YouTube without the 3-D effects. I know that some texts and probably all of the 3-D effects aren't allowed to be used commercially. So which text fonts can I use to use it commercially YouTube? Please answer. I would really appreciate it :...
  6. youtube videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos: For some reason when I click on to watch a youtube video it gives me this message. The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context....
  7. youtube videos are cut off since they have been enlarged

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos are cut off since they have been enlarged: Quite a while ago, youtube changed the size of their videos so now they display as cut off at the top so you can't work the settings on them or if you move the video so you can see the settings you can't view the top of the video. It wasn't like this last year. Is there...
  8. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....
  9. YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube Videos: I have a new PC with fully updated software. All websites work great, EXCEPT YouTube. I cannot play YouTube Videos. Do I have to switch to Chrome to use YouTube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos/e6c7bff6-7334-4230-855a-e3aee895b0ba
  10. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...