Windows 10: Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update

Discus and support Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated my windows 10 today and now the microsoft apps dont work such as the photos app. It says this app cant open. I cant even open the microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AP2807, Aug 7, 2021.

1. AP2807 Win User

Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update

Updated my windows 10 today and now the microsoft apps dont work such as the photos app. It says this app cant open. I cant even open the microsoft store anymore so i dont know what to do now...

:)

AP2807, Aug 7, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Aug 7, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Photos app along with other microsoft store apps not opening after recent update - Similar Threads - Photos app along

2. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  4. Microsoft store uninstalled itself, breaking other apps along with it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store uninstalled itself, breaking other apps along with it.: As the title says, the Microsoft Store somehow uninstalled on its own, if I remember correctly it happened with an update. Now multiple basic apps such as Notepad or MS paint are unusable and trying to open them either does literally nothing, or I get a popup saying "There is...
  5. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and other apps are not opening: This problem is with me since 1 year. The Microsoft store is not opening and other apps are also not opening like photos, camera, calendar, Office, Mail, Solitaire, Microsoft News, etc. It looks like thisAll the apps have turned blackish and when i click on them they donot...
  6. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and other apps are not opening: This problem is with me since 1 year. The Microsoft store is not opening and other apps are also not opening like photos, camera, calendar, Office, Mail, Solitaire, Microsoft News, etc. It looks like thisAll the apps have turned blackish and when i click on them they donot...
  7. Microsoft store and other apps are not opening

8. Microsoft Store will not launch, along with other apps like Calculator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not launch, along with other apps like Calculator: I am running Windows 10 and had to reinstall it which I've now done 3 times. The Microsoft Store app will not launch. I can see the app on the start page, but when I click on it or try to use the "open" button, nothing happens. I also have tried to launch the calculator that...
  9. Microsoft Store not opening (and other apps)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store not opening (and other apps): [ATTACH] The Microsoft store and other windows app (sticky notes, feedback hub etc) are "greyed out" and not opening. Nothing happens when you click on them, no error whatsoever (also nothing in event viewer)....
  10. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.: Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor. However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up....