Windows 10: Photos App and Maps

Discus and support Photos App and Maps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quincofish, May 30, 2020.

1. Photos App and Maps

Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File Info" and it displays a small map with location at the left side, but, it also has under the small map "Open Map" which you click on and the full size map app is supposed to launch. This used to work many month (years?) ago, but not now. Any ideas how to fix?

submitted by /u/Quincofish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quincofish, May 30, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 30, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 30, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Photos App and Maps

Displaying Photos on map

Google Photos can handle that, research Google Photos/Backup and Sync.

Windows Live Photo Gallery maps items that have Geo tags to Bing Maps in your default browser:
    (coordinates are often inaccurate though!)

Photos App and Maps [​IMG]

I'm not sure if Microsoft Photos/Maps has the capabilities.

Edwin, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Photos App and Maps

1. Photos App and Maps - Similar Threads - Photos App Maps

2. MS Fotos App: How to find photos via a map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Fotos App: How to find photos via a map: Hi, I hope this question hasn't been answered 100 times already, but I searched for a while and didn't find it. The question is simple: I have imported lots thousands of photographs into OneDrive and many of them have been indexed by the MS Photo app. However, when I try to...
  3. Maps app

Maps app: Does anyone know of a way around using Windows Maps? My old computer showed my location as Sacramento, Ca., when my actual location is Rockford, Ill. Bought a new desktop, and have the same problem with it. This doesn't happen with all apps that want my location. But, it...
  4. Maps App has Outdated Maps

Maps App has Outdated Maps: Is it possible to update the maps/satellite imagery in the Windows Map App? When compared to the data on bing.com/maps, the Windows Map App is woefully out of date....
  5. When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?

When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?: It has been broken a long time already. It is very annoying to have this functionality not functioning? Either take the hyperlink off the form, or fix it please. preferably the former...
  6. Why is "Open map" failing in Photos app in windows 10?

Why is "Open map" failing in Photos app in windows 10?: I open file explorer. I navigate to and double click any photo. The Photos app launches and shows the picture. I click on the "..." and then "file info". That shows a section on the left side of the page with a map. Below the map it says "Open map". When I click on...
  7. Maps app

Maps app: I have problems with the maps app, it doesn't work. When it opens it doesn't show me the location, it doesn't show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app/c612800e-2c03-4e91-9269-56ca31402c78
  8. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  9. Displaying Photos on map

Displaying Photos on map: Is there a relatively easy way to display the location of a photo on a map, based on the GPS coordinated stored in the photo? I can see the coordinates in Picasa3 but getting to a location of a map is a bit of a fiddle (so far). Ideally, I'd like the map to be either...
  10. finding saved maps in Map app

finding saved maps in Map app: I read the thread which explained how to download offline maps. That not the problem, and I've downloaded 2 maps. Unfortunately the thread didn't answer the question regarding using those maps. I see that they are downloaded in the Settings section, but I don't see any menu...