Windows 10: Photos app, and or file explorer

Discus and support Photos app, and or file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This drive me crazy and I have always been pretty good with the computer. This one has me beat though. If I take a photo at 7:59 pm and another one at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve McGinley, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Photos app, and or file explorer

This drive me crazy and I have always been pretty good with the computer. This one has me beat though.

If I take a photo at 7:59 pm and another one at 8:01pm they will go to different folders on my PC. The one from 7:59 will go to a folder created with that days date. For instance today photos went to 10/09/2019.
    But the ones taken after 8:00 on 10/09/2019 will go to a folder with tomorrow's date, as shown in the photo. Even though the time and both cameras and the PC are set to the correct time. you can see that time in the file properties.
    Any guess lol

:)

Steve McGinley, Oct 9, 2019

2. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 9, 2019
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Photos app, and or file explorer

1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Photos app, and or file explorer

1. Photos app, and or file explorer - Similar Threads - Photos app file

2. Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app stalls while File Explorer is ... updating?: I am using Windows PHOTOS app to modify/rename/cleanUp my photos and videos recently download from my iPhone. I like the app, but it frequently "stalls". When I close the stalled Photos app, I find that the Windows Explorer app is usually in "update" mode, or something. See...
  3. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  4. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  5. File Explorer and photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and photos: I'm usually good with this sorta stuff but I cant figure this out: How do I make my pictures from file explorer open in Photos? I've tried pressing the open in thing but photos is not showing, I also tried looking in settings on the photos app....
  6. why is the photos app no longer on file explorer ?

why is the photos app no longer on file explorer ?: since the last update the photos app is no longer able to be pinned to quick access on file explorer. it keeps saying catastrophe failure. i have been using photos app to upload pictures online for years instead of going through the pictures folder. any ideas?...
  7. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  8. Photos on File Explorer

Photos on File Explorer: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  9. File Explorer / Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer / Photos: Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same...
  10. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures: Hi there I am trying to incorporate my older File Explorer Picture Files into albums on the Windows 10 App. Essentially I want to copy the individual folders onto the Photo App but I haven't been able to do this. I've gone to the Import tab and select the folder but it...