Windows 10: Photos app and star ratings

Discus and support Photos app and star ratings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Not sure if you can help. I've just got a new computer with Windows 10. I previously used Photo Gallery to view my photos individually. As I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by backtobasics, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Photos app and star ratings

Hi there,

Not sure if you can help. I've just got a new computer with Windows 10. I previously used Photo Gallery to view my photos individually. As I scrolled through them I would mark any I liked and wanted to use in a photo album as 5 star rating. Then I could filter on ones that had a 5 star rating and move them into a new folder. The photo album software could then navigate the the folder with all the 5 star rating photos and I could add them to the photo album.

I can't find a simple way of doing this or something similar in windows 10. The Photo app has an option to mark a Photo as Favourite, but I can't see how to filter on favourite and move them to a separate folder.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any auto correct options - in Photo Gallery you could select buttons that would auto correct for exposure and other things, but there only seem to be more manual options in windows 10.

Perhaps a different app would work, but I'm not sure where to start.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Using windows 10 version 1809

:)

backtobasics, Oct 10, 2019
  2. SEKKDS Win User

Sort By Rating

Within Windows Marketplace for Mobile, I do not see anywhere to sort the apps listed there by Rating. As it is apparently, there are Ratings & Reviews given for all the products by the people who have tried it, and they can give it a star rating out of
    5 stars. Yet, I do not see anywhere to sort anything by this rating. I believe it would be helpful for users to see what other people have commended, and furthermore, avoid the apps that are denounced.

SEKKDS, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Shortcut key to add a rating to photos in Windows 10?

To rate a photo by right clicking, selecting Properties, going to the Details tab, and selecting a star is an incredibly tedious way to rate photos. Is there an easier way to do it, through the Photos app or through file explorer? Preferably, I'd like
    to be able to just click a key or two within the Photos app as I scroll through many photos. Thanks!

Samuel Winnig, Oct 10, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Photos app and star ratings

Saving Video File Property Metadata, star rating, genre, etc.

Hmm.. beyond saying I can change the star rating (and it's retained) on an mp4 video file I copied into that folder, using the properties sheet, I've no suggestions other than 'does it work if you create a new user for test purposes'?

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Photos app and star ratings

1. Photos app and star ratings - Similar Threads - Photos app star

2. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos: In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos. When I go into properties/details the Rating field has "Unrated". I am unable to change this. What do I need to do to set up the 5 star rating?...
  3. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos: In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos. When I go into properties/details the Rating field has "Unrated". I am unable to change this. What do I need to do to set up the 5 star rating?...
  4. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Star Rating for Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star Rating for Files: How can I get/encourage/remind viewers to rate the files or documents they have viewed in Windows using the star rating feature? When someone views a document with a designated star rating option, is there a way to give that user an alert to ensure they rate?We have the 5...
  6. Star Rating for Files

Star Rating for Files: How can I get/encourage/remind viewers to rate the files or documents they have viewed in Windows using the star rating feature? When someone views a document with a designated star rating option, is there a way to give that user an alert to ensure they rate?We have the 5...
  7. windows media player sync star rating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows media player sync star rating: if i listen to music from my music files using windows media player i want to give a song certain start because its fast and easy. is it possible if i change stars in media player the stars also appear in my music files???i want to listen to my music and base the stars on...
  8. windows media player sync star rating

windows media player sync star rating: if i listen to music from my music files using windows media player i want to give a song certain start because its fast and easy. is it possible if i change stars in media player the stars also appear in my music files???i want to listen to my music and base the stars on...
  9. Star rating in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Star rating in Windows Explorer: BACKGROUND. I have a lot of academic articles in pdf format on my PC. I would like to rate them from one star to five star to better remember them. QUESTION. Explorer has a star rating that I can use on a sound file, but the option is not available om pdf files. Any...
  10. Photos app and star ratings

Photos app and star ratings: Hi there, Not sure if you can help. I've just got a new computer with Windows 10. I previously used Photo Gallery to view my photos individually. As I scrolled through them I would mark any I liked and wanted to use in a photo album as 5 star rating. Then I could filter on...