Windows 10: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

Discus and support Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lately whenever I open a raw file (CR2) in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andy Bertaut, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

Lately whenever I open a raw file (CR2) in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc and nothing works.

Has anyone seen this?

Windows 10 (1809, build 17763.404)

Photos version 2019.19021.18010.0

:)

Andy Bertaut, Apr 7, 2019
  2. pondlife Win User

Win 10 - disable auto rotate for photos

Windows 10 auto rotates photos - now when I drag and drop photos to word 10, I have no idea which way they will rotate - all portrait become landscape = as I use many tens of photos per report this is really annoying.

With win 7, I could just drag and drop straight into a word table portrait remained portrait, landscape remained landscape.

can I disable auto rotate? is there another work around as I like win 10

Mark @ MMA Chartered Surveyors

pondlife, Apr 7, 2019
  3. pondlife Win User
    Win 10 - disable auto rotate for photos

This is driving me nuts - whenever I drag and drop a portrait photo to word in auto rotates - thumb nail shows it the correct way up, but I simply rotates to landscape in word. I have tried several different viewers and removed the exif data. can I disable the auto rotate in picture viewer or any where else.

pondlife, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Mayfly Win User

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

Auto Photo Rotation

W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop.

Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme.

Even when looking at them in explorer when they are the correct orientation when I try to insert them in MS Word they are are at 90degs. In Word it doesn't seem to matter if I have rotated them in viewer or not they still end up 'on their side'.

It's doing my head in.

Can any one help please?

Mayfly, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

1. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files - Similar Threads - Photos App auto

2. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  3. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  4. Photos auto rotating

Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  5. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  6. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  7. RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.: I have seen this question over and over again with no real answer provided. For RAW files (not jpegs) pictures taken in the portrait orientation are showing up in the landscape orientation in the windows photo viewer. In the past you could just highlight these photos,...
  8. Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo App auto rotating raw image files from portrait to landscape: Since the latest update of the Photo App (2019.19021.18010.0) raw image files which are originally in portrait format are automatically rotated to landscape view and the manual rotation is disabled. This only applies to raw images and not to formats such as .jpg or .png. The...
  9. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  10. Auto Photo Rotation

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Photo Rotation: W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop. Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme. Even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are my raw images rotating in microsoft photos

2. why are my photos rotating in my photo app

3. windows picture viewer is rotating raw image

4. windows 10 photo app raw files keeps on rotating,
  5. windows 10 auto rotating raw photo files,
  6. portrait raw images in windows 10 rotates to landscape