Windows 10: Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Discus and support Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since June of this 2018 I have noticed that the photos uploaded from my camera in raw format onto the computer running Win 10 Pro look enhanced when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JanetRichardson2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Since June of this 2018 I have noticed that the photos uploaded from my camera in raw format onto the computer running Win 10 Pro look enhanced when I open them for viewing and culling. When I import them into my photo editor (Not the Photo APP with Win10 Pro) they resume their raw appearance. Why does WIN10 Pro enhance photos automatically whether you want them to or not. Is there another way to view my photos on my hard drive without using Windows Photo App? They are enhanced even if I don't choose to edit them in the App.

Thanks,

Janet R

:)

JanetRichardson2, Sep 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Photo App Enhance

Hello Jana,

To turn off the auto-enhance feature of the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start and type Photos then hit
      Enter
    • On the lower left side panel, click Settings.
    • Under Automatically enhance my photos, just move the slider to
      Off.

Hope this helps.

Devlin Sco, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Prevent photos from USB stick to automatically load into the Photos app

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Click on Settings at the bottom left corner.

• Under viewing and editing.

• Turn off automatically enhance your photo.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Tom_WC Win User

Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

Photo's automatic enhancement

No, there isn't. But have you blocked updates to Photos? Automatic enhancement was discontinued a while back. The latest version requires you to enter Edit to make general enhancements. It works fine but some don't like the extra steps.

Tom_WC, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing

1. Photos App Automatically Enhances Photos for Viewing - Similar Threads - Photos App Automatically

2. Auto enhance missing in Photos app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto enhance missing in Photos app: Ever since the latest update on my PC, the Photos app is not working correctly. The auto enhance feature is completely missing. I am able to adjust my photos manually, but I really enjoyed the Auto feature that used to be available. Please help!!...
  3. Photos app enhance not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app enhance not working: Since the latest update to Photos app enhance doesn't work for many customers. Anyone seeing the same? 1909 is what I am running. Thx. submitted by /u/dhimansumit4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw903u/photos_app_enhance_not_working/
  4. Enhance Feature of the Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhance Feature of the Photo App: Since loading an updated version of Widows 10 a few days ago, the "enhance" feature to enhance a photograph downloaded to my PC, suddenly no longer works. As I use this feature frequently, how can I get it reinstated?...
  5. Photo App Auto Enhance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Auto Enhance: I would like to disable the auto enhance feature of the photos app. I understand in a previous version, one was able to turn it off in the photos application settings under viewing and editing but now the option is no more. A normal unedited version of the photo will show...
  6. "Enhance" filter in Photo app

"Enhance" filter in Photo app: The "enhance" filter in Photo app is not working. I click on it and the photo doesn't change. Even if I move the slide bar from left to right, there is no change whatsoever in the photo. Can you help?...
  7. Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App

Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App: Good morning all. Got in touch with @MicrosoftHelps via Twitter who suggested downloading an add on called Photos Media Engine Add-on.Downloaded it this morning and have tried the enhance feature on a good few different photos from different folders etc.Pleased to say all...
  8. Enhance photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enhance photos: The enhance feature on the edit in photos is no longer working, all other edits are working fine. I remember and seeing the posts below that the same happened a couple of years back and took sometime to get back working again. Anyone having the same problem?...
  9. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos app automatically enhances photos

2. photos app automatically enhances photos windows 10