Windows 10: Photos app automatically resizes to small

Discus and support Photos app automatically resizes to small in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; and when I go into Settings the only options are Small and Custom...how to choose large as a default? (I have many screen captures of text I want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by surfer2938, May 4, 2021.

1. Photos app automatically resizes to small

and when I go into Settings the only options are Small and Custom...how to choose large as a default? (I have many screen captures of text I want to be able to read). thanks W10 Pro

:)

surfer2938, May 4, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Photos app automatically resizes to small

Select the Folder and change View, right hand side towards the top. Change to one square(View large), rather than 4 (Medium), or 9 (Small).
    It will remember that setting next time you open the Photos App.
    Maybe you are not using the Photos App (Microsoft Photos 2020.20120.4004.0) or an older version.

Helmut, May 4, 2021
  3. photo resize

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with resizing photo, we would like to know the following:

• When resizing your photo, what app are you using?
    • When you say "the default apps/programs don't allow it", can you tell us what is happening?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 4, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

How to resize photo in Windows10?

Hi Man,

Please take note that Microsoft Picture Manager is not supported in Office 2013 or later. You can resize the photos in Windows 10 by editing them using Paint. To resize a photo in Paint, follow these steps:

• Right-click a photo, and then click Edit. The photo will open in Paint.
    • In Paint, click Resize.
    • Under Resize, you can choose if you want to resize the photo by Percentage or
      Pixel.
    • Once you've chosen how you will resize the photo, you can edit the values of
      Horizontal
      and Vertical. If you want to fully customize the size of the photo, you can uncheck the
      Maintain aspect ratio check box.
    • After customizing the values of Horizontal and Vertical, click
      OK.
    • Click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Another way to edit a photo in Paint is by using the Select tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open a photo using paint,
    • In Paint, adjust the canvas of your picture to the size you want. You can adjust the canvass by clicking and dragging on the small box around the picture.
    • Once you've adjusted you canvass, click the Select tool.
    • Select the whole image. Make sure that you exactly select the image.
    • After selecting the image, click and drag the small box around the picture to resize it. Make sure that size the canvass and the image is the same.
    • After editing the size of the picture or image, click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Should you need further assistance, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Photos app automatically resizes to small - Similar Threads - Photos app automatically

2. Resizing photo's results in too small photo's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing photo's results in too small photo's: I just got a new laptop. Only thing I wanna use it for is browsing the internet, e-mail and simple photo editing.The new laptop has Windows 11, and I absolutely hate it so far. Windows 10 was so much better.Even the simple task of resizing photo's and uploading to my website...
  3. Resizing photo's results in too small photo's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing photo's results in too small photo's: I just got a new laptop. Only thing I wanna use it for is browsing the internet, e-mail and simple photo editing.The new laptop has Windows 11, and I absolutely hate it so far. Windows 10 was so much better.Even the simple task of resizing photo's and uploading to my website...
  4. Resizing Image using Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing Image using Photos app: The instructions to do this are:Open image in PhotosClick on ...Select Resize ImageThe dialog box that then appears does not give me the 3 Best for ... opption. This is what I get instead:Help please....
  5. Resizing Image using Photos app

Resizing Image using Photos app: The instructions to do this are:Open image in PhotosClick on ...Select Resize ImageThe dialog box that then appears does not give me the 3 Best for ... opption. This is what I get instead:Help please....
  6. Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10

Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10: This question has been asked many times, but the answers are contradictory, and I don't know if something has changed since they were posted a few years ago. Can we use the Photos app in Windows 10 to resize photos? Or has the function been disabled? I have version...
  7. Windows are automatically resizing small whenever PC is restarted or the closed window is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows are automatically resizing small whenever PC is restarted or the closed window is...: Windows are automatically resizing small whenever PC is restarted or the closed window is re-opened. No matter how often I resize the window manually, it does not keep that size when opened again. It is always opens the small resized window in the upper left hand corrner of...
  8. App photos (?) are too small

App photos (?) are too small: [ATTACH] So, this has happened with my apps, it happened a couple months ago, i've looked up and watched way too many youtube videos of people trying to fix everything but this problem. If you know how to revert it back to normal, please help a girl out:) thanks!...
  9. Resizing photos

Resizing photos: Our small business depends upon us sending multiple photos to clients, sometimes as many as 20 photos. The files are too big to put in one email without resizing them. Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am unable to find a way to resize multiple pictures. I...
  10. Resizing photos

Resizing photos: I used to use Microsoft photos to resize pictures for email. That option went away with my Windows 10 upgrade. I then used the Paint program for this same function. Now I find that Paint does not allow me to do this either. How do I now resize photos for emailing?...