Windows 10: Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

Discus and support Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Photos is a great app for viewing photos. comparing to the old Windows Photo Viewer it can view animated GIFs and ... but thanks to the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by meysammohammadi, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

Photos is a great app for viewing photos. comparing to the old Windows Photo Viewer it can view animated GIFs and ... but thanks to the background color I can't see anything if I open a white (or black) transparent PNGs while Photo Viewer was a better choice at the case. Is there any possible way to change the apps background to a specific color. Thanks

:)

meysammohammadi, Jan 19, 2019
  2. RPD
    rpd Win User

Change the background colour of Windows 10 Photo app?

When viewing some transparency images (png,gif) the black background of Win10 Photo App, can obscure black text and black shapes.

Presumably these would be seen, if the photo app background was white or a light neutral colour, but I can see no way to change the black background of this app and this is very frustrating as these images do not display properly.

Is it possible to fix this background to view such transparency images properly?

3. Vee.K Win User
    Background of transparent images are black in explorer

I have a folder of icons that I use for my design work and after moving to Windows 10, the explorer shows black background where it should be transparent/white. It makes working very hard especially when icon itself is primarily dark colors. Please suggest
    a fix to change colors.

Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images b449a963-978f-4a5f-bcef-45fa2ce43461?upload=true.jpg

Vee.K, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Shane073 Win User

Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

Change the background colour of Windows 10 Photo app?

Right click on the image within the photo app, click open with, choose photo gallery and it should open with a white background. You can tick a box to make the photo gallery the default option. (Photo gallery and photo seem to be two different apps).

Not sure why this changed in Windows 10, XP, 7 and 8 always use to open in the photo gallery for me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Shane

Shane073, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

1. Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images - Similar Threads - Photos app background

2. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  3. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  4. Why does microsoft transform my transparent image background into a white background in paint?

Why does microsoft transform my transparent image background into a white background in paint?: I dont understand why or if there is a setting to stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-transform-my-transparent-image/b240cd03-6b6b-416a-9904-e205f9ce8eb4
  5. jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos

jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos: jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos. it works on paint but i want the slide show to work not interested in using paint please help...
  6. Windows Explorer shows transparent backgrounds of images as black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer shows transparent backgrounds of images as black: It's very annoying because it makes it harder to see what the images were when they're just covered in black, even though when I open them in any image editor, it shows them with a transparent or white background as normal. I don't know why this is happening, but I would like...
  7. Icons of images with transparency appear with a black background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of images with transparency appear with a black background: I bought a new laptop and I installed Windows. The problem is that the icons of image files that have transparency look like they had a black background. In my old laptop, which had Windows preinstalled , this didn't happen; icons had transparency. What can I do to solve...
  8. Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer

Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer: I have transparent background .png image files stored in my OneDrive and a second copy saved locally on my desktop. I am using both a 2019 MS Surface Laptop and separate tower Tower with Windows 10 with all windows updates. In Dark Mode both laptop and tower: When I...
  9. OneDrive Personal shows images with transparent backgrounds as black

OneDrive Personal shows images with transparent backgrounds as black: When viewing these in windows explorer, the backgrounds show as black for transparent images. When you have a logo with black text on it, all you see is a black rectangle. Copying the same file to OneDrive for business or local drive, the rendered preview icon looks...
  10. Transparent background black

Transparent background black: I've had this problem for sometime. Where my transparent background in my thumbnails are black. With black lines it's almost impossible to even see what the pictures is. [ATTACH] I have not trouble viewing them in photos [ATTACH] If someone can help me with this...