Windows 10: Photos app broken after update.

Discus and support Photos app broken after update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Microsoft Photos app updated itself on July 17, 2018. Now it will not open at all. When I try to open a photo, by clicking on the photo, a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnMullens90, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Photos app broken after update.

The Microsoft Photos app updated itself on July 17, 2018. Now it will not open at all. When I try to open a photo, by clicking on the photo, a message box appears saying file system error (-2147219196). I have tried resetting and repairing the app from the app settings menu, but it didn't resolve the issue. I was going to try uninstalling and reinstalling it, but the option to uninstall is grayed out and non functional. Does anyone have an ideal how to fix this?

:)

JohnMullens90, Jul 18, 2018

2. Photos app update

New update for photos update available. Downloaded manually, went in ok first time. Working across all user accounts. Suggest for users with multiple user accounts to create a restore point first. If the update fails first time it can render the app broken for other user accounts based on past experience.

Scottyboy99, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Photos app broken after update.

Open with another app 'photos'

When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like paint and photos are in the list as they should be but this is a rogue one. Does anyone else see this?

Scottyboy99, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Photos app broken after update.

1. Photos app broken after update. - Similar Threads - Photos app broken

2. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  4. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Photos app update (broken features?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Photos app update (broken features?): I edit video for my church. I have developed a workflow that I carry out every month or so. It goes: Right-click an .mp4, choose Open with... >Movies & TV. In the window that opens, click the pencil in the bottom-right toolbar. Choose Edit in Photos > Trim. In the window...
  6. Microsoft photo app is broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft photo app is broken: I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-is-broken/acbcad80-0093-4cac-a345-8c6287308e68
  7. Microsoft photo app is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo app is broken: I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-is-broken/acbcad80-0093-4cac-a345-8c6287308e68
  8. Microsoft photo app is broken

9. Photo apps broken

Photo apps broken: Photo app seems to get stuck trying to index anything and everything. I do not want i ti index anything., I want no lists, no compilations, no searches. I do not want it ti try and dig up information. from the further reaches of creation and send it to Microsoft or even to...
  10. Photos App "enhance" feature broken with update

Photos App "enhance" feature broken with update: Recently updated to version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. The update broke the "enhance" feature (Filters -> enhance your photo) in the Windows Photo app. I use this often with art work, because it does a good job making photos of art look more true to life. Anyhow, this feature...