Windows 10: Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

Discus and support Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CalenYo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. CalenYo Win User

Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the photos in that folder. I cannot open a single photo without it immediately scrolling through to the next ones. I see no setting that will help with this, and I've tried clicking "Repair". Help?!

:)

CalenYo, Jan 13, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos app and scrolling issue

Hi, should work...does for me. Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling Photos?

Presumably scrolling works elsewhere.

A couple of other people have reported this issue here- unresolved.

This one suggests an issue with a Logitech mouse:
    Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives) - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 13, 2021
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Latest Logitech Setpoint fixes Photo app scrolling

Spoke too soon, scroll bug is still there in Photo app.

Probably will never be fixed as with Chrome smooth scrolling.

elbeasto, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos! - Similar Threads - Photos app bug

2. Windows 10, Scrolling Through Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Scrolling Through Photos: I have a user for whom we just setup a brand new Windows 10 PC and he's having a very strange issue. Whenever he opens a photo and views it in Windows' default photo viewer, whether or not he is able to scroll/arrow to the next/previous photo seems to depend on which photo he...
  3. The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...: Tried googling but couldn't find a whole lot. Any fixes? submitted by /u/ThatSteemBloke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7rktd/the_windows_photos_app_doesnt_scroll_through/
  4. Photo App Auto Enhance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Auto Enhance: I would like to disable the auto enhance feature of the photos app. I understand in a previous version, one was able to turn it off in the photos application settings under viewing and editing but now the option is no more. A normal unedited version of the photo will show...
  5. Windows photos app - not able to navigate through the photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photos app - not able to navigate through the photos: If I open any photo using the Photos application in Windows 10 OS then I am able to click on the left/right arrows on the keyboard to move to the next photos. But incase I zoom-in in any of the photos and then zoom out, then I am not able to navigate to other photos anymore....
  6. windows photos app bug

windows photos app bug: I have recently faced a bug in photos app of windows 10. When the photos app is minimized , and we hover over the photos app's icon in the taskbar and try to close the app just from the small view that is visible by hovering , it does not close .But when we maximize it, it...
  7. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  8. Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows start menu / photo view is auto-scrolling: Hello, My computer has started auto-moving through selections in its explorer / start menu. Specifically, the leftmost start menu selections are all moving DOWN, and the system is moving through selections in PHOTO VIEW. I can't find an identical issue like mine, only...
  9. Photos app and scrolling issue

Photos app and scrolling issue: When I open a photo from the file explorer using the photo app I cannot scroll through the next photo. I just installed windows 10, and in my previous installation of windows 10 this wasn't a PROBLEM, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Please help me fix it. I have already tried...
  10. Photo Scroll

Photo Scroll: Just wondering if there's a way to make Photos scroll in/out with the scroll wheel on the mouse like Win 7? Using win10 stock photo viewer 54374