Windows 10: Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

Discus and support Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CalenYo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. CalenYo Win User

Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos!

I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer, and ever since, whenever I click a photo to view it, it immediately quickly scrolls through all the photos in that folder. I cannot open a single photo without it immediately scrolling through to the next ones. I see no setting that will help with this, and I've tried clicking "Repair". Help?!

:)

CalenYo, Jan 13, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos app and scrolling issue

Hi, should work...does for me. Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling Photos?

Presumably scrolling works elsewhere.

A couple of other people have reported this issue here- unresolved.

This one suggests an issue with a Logitech mouse:
    Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives) - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 13, 2021
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Latest Logitech Setpoint fixes Photo app scrolling

Spoke too soon, scroll bug is still there in Photo app.

Probably will never be fixed as with Chrome smooth scrolling.

elbeasto, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Photos app bug is auto-scrolling through photos! - Similar Threads - Photos app bug

2. The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos: I've been having an issue in the Photos app where the zoom function just stops working after scrolling through a few pictures. I can open a photo and it'll work. Then, after scrolling through one or two more photos, it just stops working. I can't zoom in or out using the...
  3. The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The zoom function in Photos App stops working after scrolling through photos: I've been having an issue in the Photos app where the zoom function just stops working after scrolling through a few pictures. I can open a photo and it'll work. Then, after scrolling through one or two more photos, it just stops working. I can't zoom in or out using the...
  4. Photos app auto-scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app auto-scaling: Hello!I've been using Photos app for quiet some time actually - all the time and recently I've stumbled upon annoying problem that I didn't previously had - I suppose it was introduced not long ago.When I'm opening an image, it always appear scaled and in right resolution -...
  5. Photos app auto-scaling

Photos app auto-scaling: Hello!I've been using Photos app for quiet some time actually - all the time and recently I've stumbled upon annoying problem that I didn't previously had - I suppose it was introduced not long ago.When I'm opening an image, it always appear scaled and in right resolution -...
  6. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  7. Auto Scrolling in photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Scrolling in photos and videos: Hello I have a problem when i look at my photos it quickly scrolls left. and when i look at videos it just keeps hitting the 10 seconds back Button without me telling it to. I've scanned for viruses, disabled my anti virus software, tried the repair tool in command prompt....
  8. Windows 10, Scrolling Through Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Scrolling Through Photos: I have a user for whom we just setup a brand new Windows 10 PC and he's having a very strange issue. Whenever he opens a photo and views it in Windows' default photo viewer, whether or not he is able to scroll/arrow to the next/previous photo seems to depend on which photo he...
  9. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  10. Photos app and scrolling issue

Photos app and scrolling issue: When I open a photo from the file explorer using the photo app I cannot scroll through the next photo. I just installed windows 10, and in my previous installation of windows 10 this wasn't a PROBLEM, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Please help me fix it. I have already tried...