Windows 10: Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder !

Discus and support Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder ! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Question Description: Once I delete folder from Photos>Settings>Sources, the folder, which is under Onedrive folder, will be excluded for a while, BUT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PremiumMember, May 20, 2020.

1. Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder !

Question Description: Once I delete folder from Photos>Settings>Sources, the folder, which is under Onedrive folder, will be excluded for a while, BUT it will be automatically re-included in the Photos -Sources soon.

Photos app version: Microsoft Photos 2020.19081.28230.0

Windows 10 version: Pro 1909

My purpose: to permanently exclude a folder in Photos app.

It will be so great if you can give me any help! Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder ! 7a6837a8-dc62-46cc-b95b-1771666336ec?upload=true.jpg

:)

PremiumMember, May 20, 2020
  2. Naveeddil Win User

Photo App automatically add OneDrive Folder

Dear all,

The Photos app of Windows 10 Automatically adds Onedrive Location and start syncing OneDrive Pictures in Collection.

The Photos app add Custom Address of the OneDrive folder automatically i.e. "D:\Libraries\OneDrive\Pictures" then i remove it but after a restart of system the address is again added. (Below Screesnshot for easy reference)

I have unchecked "Show my Photos and Videos from One Drive (Cloud Only".

Can you please suggest another location from where it could be turn off permanenetly.

Thank You All

Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder ! 7b2f6845-4099-4ca9-a22a-62d575fa88c5.png

Naveeddil, May 20, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, May 20, 2020
  4. Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder !

Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder !

1. Photos app cannot permanently remove folders under onedrive folder ! - Similar Threads - Photos app cannot

2. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  3. Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App: Hello!I cannot add folders in the Microsoft Photos App Version 2023.1110.6001.0 under Windows 10.It seems the app doesn't find photos in the folders. Why not?Perhaps someone can help with a solution.Thank you!...
  4. Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.

Cannot create new folder under "Pictures" folder.: In the photos app, I am unable to create a new folder under Pictures in Windows 10. As soon as I click on "Create folder", it greys out, as does the "Import" button, and I can go no further. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. Remove OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive Folder: Hi can I ask a little advice please I have just reformatted my computer and installed the latest version of windows as a clean install it is Version 20H2 build 19042.746 All was ok but I then noticed when I looked at the folder Users then at my name there was a folder called...
  6. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  7. Onedrive app cannot access onedrive folder on c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive app cannot access onedrive folder on c: Hello, I have searched the internet, but could not find a working solution for my problem. This morning when i started up my computer everything was working fine including OneDrive. When Windows 10 full booted, it came up that there was an update and that i needed to...
  8. Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10

Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10: I follow the instructions at Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 to stop Photos from adding folders and therefore images to its catalog. Periodically (maybe after an update?) I find that MS has added back in one or more folders. Today it is my...
  9. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!: I do not wish to have the Photos App show photos from ../users/my/Onedrive/pictures . Therefore, I removed the folder from the Settings>Sources. But then the folder comes back ! I remove it... it comes back.... and again ... again! Why does 'delete' not mean 'delete'!?...
  10. Cannot remove a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot remove a folder: Hello, Recently I had some remote assistance to my computer, after all finished, I found in the program files directory a folder named "CMAK". I am trying to remove it but nothing works, not even in command prompt as admin. Each time I touch it, in the task manager...