Windows 10: Photos app can't read jpg

Discus and support Photos app can't read jpg in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved files from one Windows 10 PC to a new one and found many of my photos could not be opened. This is the error: "It looks like we don't support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by east_westz, May 16, 2020.

1. Photos app can't read jpg

I moved files from one Windows 10 PC to a new one and found many of my photos could not be opened. This is the error: "It looks like we don't support this file format" for jpg files and a few gifs. These photos are viewable on my old PC and the default app to view them is Photos on both PCs.

The good news is that I restored my user files from a backup to a separate folder on my new PC and curiously I can open and view all these photos with no problem. Does this mean the file transfer program corrupted the photos? I tried copying a good photo over to its damaged companion's folder and was able to view it. Thankfully I didn't lose my pictures but I'd like to know what happened here.

:)

east_westz, May 16, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Photos app not reading photos

Yes...

Photos app can't read jpg [​IMG]

Edwin, May 16, 2020
  3. Photos app not reading photos

- - - Updated - - -

In general, I’m gonna narrow it down, does your photos app see the photos in any folder in app data, yes I’ll see the folder apart of folders list but the pictures inside will not show In the collection. And again I say opening them will work it’s with it he app adding them to the collection. Check my previous post with attachments.

Steven Campoli, May 16, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Photos app can't read jpg

Photos app not reading photos

Mine works (Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909 build 18363.693). What am I missing?

The desktop background is jpeg.

sygnus21, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Photos app can't read jpg

1. Photos app can't read jpg - Similar Threads - Photos app can't

2. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  3. why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why wont photos read .jpg? not showing pictures: using win11 - when I put photos in the photos app, when going back to open them, here's what I get: "looks like we dont support this format"......the pic is a .jpg, so how do I get it to read or change, these pics are priceless!...
  4. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  5. No jpg file info in Photos app.

No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  6. jpg photos corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg photos corrupt: I have corrupted JPG images. I cannot open I used most of the programs for the repair [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-corrupt/20079b5f-d428-4d19-8c6b-794bf7ca4916
  7. JPG photos not supported on Photos

JPG photos not supported on Photos: Good evening. Have been trying to transfer photos from my Samsung S7 and they are in jpg format and when I try and open on desktop or laptop they say unsupported. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and still not working. Apologies if asked and solved already but this is...
  8. Photos in jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  9. Photos app not reading photos

Photos app not reading photos: Photos app reads all pictures in my pictures folder but I have the following folder with my synced wallpapers and it says no readable photos found the app does not read pictures located in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows/themes The folder is desktop background and it has...
  10. Printing a JPG photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Printing a JPG photo: I have Windows 10 and have a photo in my pictures folder in jpg format. There is no icon on that screen enabling me to print that photo. How to do it? 41412