Windows 10: Photos App Causes Blue Screen

Discus and support Photos App Causes Blue Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Occasionally when I open the Photos app I get a blue screen that says something about a stop code. The PC does something and once the process gets to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Starwind_Amada, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Photos App Causes Blue Screen

Occasionally when I open the Photos app I get a blue screen that says something about a stop code. The PC does something and once the process gets to 100% the PC restarts and then everything is fine. It only happens if I open the Photos app and even then it's not every time, it's completely random.

The BSoD says something like this:

Stop Code: System_Service_Exception

What failed: SAntivirusKD.sys

submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Starwind_Amada, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Photos App Causes Blue Screen

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Photos App Causes Blue Screen

1. Photos App Causes Blue Screen - Similar Threads - Photos App Causes

2. dxgmms2 causes blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dxgmms2 causes blue screen: Computer Type: DesktopGPU: RX 6600 XTCPU: RYZEN 7 5800X3D 8 CORE 16 THREADSMotherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H-CFBIOS Version: F56bRAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro SL 16GB 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAMPSU: Corsair CX650MCase: Corsair 4000DOperating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 19045GPU...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe causes a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe causes a blue screen: Good evening, once again the blue screen crashes. The BlueScreenViewer constantly points to ntoskrnl.exe . I did a check of RAM with windows tools and no problems were found. Now the blue screen appears during games, and at the moment of shutdown, the computer makes sounds...
  4. Roblox causing blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox causing blue screen: It started after getting a recent roblox update which was around 5 days ago, the second roblox launcher says something like ready to play or whatever it just causes the blue screen. I tried updating my drivers and uninstalling an antivirus but nothing helped.The stop code i...
  5. WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen: ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Timeline.Process.Start.DeltaSec Value: 60...
  6. WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen: ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Timeline.Process.Start.DeltaSec Value: 60...
  7. WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cause of DPC_QUEUE_EXECUTION_TIMEOUT_EXCEEDED blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cause of DPC_QUEUE_EXECUTION_TIMEOUT_EXCEEDED blue screen: Hi!On a certain Windows PC we keep getting OS crashes. As far as I know they always originate from "ShaderCompileWorker.exe", a utility process from the Unreal engine. OS reinstall did not help.How can I figure out from the minidump which component/driver is likely at fault...
  9. Roblox causing blue screen

Roblox causing blue screen: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me, I have issue with my computer. Whenever I play roblox for about 5-20 minutes, my computer crashes and a blue screen shows up. I've tried formating the computer and it didn't solve the problem, the computer runs other games like...
  10. Blue Screen Errors Cause

Blue Screen Errors Cause: From past 3 to 4 months i was getting blue screen errors of different types.... one of the error defines of the HDD malfunction and my hp laptop also defines that....i recently changed the HDD and buyed a new one . After some time i am again getting this problem.....Does dual...