Windows 10: Photos app crash

Discus and support Photos app crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Suman Sarkar., Aug 29, 2020.

1. Photos app crash

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoBEX
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2020.20070.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Application Name: praid:App
    Application Version: 2020.20070.10002.0
    Application Timestamp: 5f08a485
    Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.423
    Fault Module Timestamp: ccf6a09c
    Exception Offset: 00000000000711e8
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 0000000000000005
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 16393
    Additional Information 1: 831a
    Additional Information 2: 831a5ee3edf94e14af06682ab22a1bbe
    Additional Information 3: eb6f
    Additional Information 4: eb6f124687064a1033345c14dffded24

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 329d38d4a801e20ee5d537fd5e48da91 1573225206183942801

Please help me.
    Thanks In Advance.

:)

Suman Sarkar., Aug 29, 2020
  2. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Aug 29, 2020
  3. abn505 Win User
    Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Aug 29, 2020
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Photos app crash

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Photos app crash [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Photos app crash :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Photos app crash

1. Photos app crash - Similar Threads - Photos app crash

2. Photos app crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashes: I have had this same problem with Windows Photo App for quite a while now, on two different systems. I can open the app and import photos no problems at all, but as soon as I try and open a single photo after importing, the app crashes. It doesn't happen if I open the app...
  3. Photos-App Crash

Photos-App Crash: Hi all, Since a Photo-App Update believe some months ago, it happens sometime that the App crashes by doubleclicking on a .jpg file. In 80% it works with no problems. Sometimes after waiting very long, the App crashes. After closing the App and retry, the App will work fine...
  4. Photos App Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Crashing: Hi all, I have searched for a solution to this problem for some time, but nothing seems to work for me. Just putting out a message in a bottle here one more time to see if anyone has anything further to add: When I open the Photos app, I get a black window for about 2...
  5. Photos App Crashes

Photos App Crashes: For the last few days this App has crashed whenever I use it. I have reset the app. No effect I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No effect I have recently used the "Free up space now" Setting in Windows. I am wondering if this deleted something that the...
  6. Photo app crashing

Photo app crashing: How can I stop the photo app crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-crashing/27466ee1-a80a-484f-9669-914d58930204
  7. photo app crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo app crashing: the microsoft photos app keeps closing and i cant view any of my photos as it keeps saying system error. i have tried repair, reset and uninstall and none of them work. what else can be done?...
  8. photos app crashes

photos app crashes: The Windows 10 update on 6/11/2018 has cause my photo app to crash immediately on startup. I reinstalled photo, but I continuously get a file systems error (-2147279796) come on MS get it fixed please !...
  9. Photo App Crashing

Photo App Crashing: When double clicking an image I get the Photo App load screen. The image may render for a second or the App simply crashes. Its somewhat intermittent, but it seems to work with more frequency when I go directly to the Photo App itself. I'm not quite sure what's going on with...
  10. Photo App Crashes

Photo App Crashes: Anyone know if the Photo App crashing issue is fixed. When I open mine, it crashes and closes soon after. 16066