Windows 10: Photos App crashes when importing photos

Discus and support Photos App crashes when importing photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KingH2, Oct 12, 2019.

1. KingH2 Win User

Photos App crashes when importing photos

I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are my photos on my pc. Can someone please help

:)

KingH2, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Oct 12, 2019
  3. abn505 Win User
    Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Oct 12, 2019
  4. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Photos App crashes when importing photos - Similar Threads - Photos App crashes

2. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  3. How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to organize photos *to be imported* in the Photos app.: The most recent update to the Photos app has caused me a bit of a headache. In the older version not sure what version exactly when I would upload photos from my phone to the Photos application - the images would appear in chronological order from the most recent to the...
  4. Photo app does not scroll when trying to import photos

Photo app does not scroll when trying to import photos: I can only see the first 10 photos. I want to be able to scroll down so that I can select photos to import. There is no scroll bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-does-not-scroll-when-trying-to-import/0fc08875-fa5f-4062-92e4-c17b3009ad17
  5. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  6. Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing: I am attempting to back up my iPhone XS Max on the photos app. I plug my phone in through USB, go into the app and import from a USB device, then it goes to the "looking for photos and videos screen." This is where the problem comes up. Every time, it finds 4748 items to...
  7. Photos app crashing when importing from iPhone

Photos app crashing when importing from iPhone: When I use the "import from USB" function in the Microsoft Photos app to import from my iPhone, the photos are found and then the photos app invariably crashes. The conveyor belt animation plays until all the photos are found, and then freezes and the app stops responding....
  8. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  9. Import photos crash

Import photos crash: Hello, whenever i connect my iphone 7 to my acer laptop with windows 10 installed to import photos it freezes. When i insert the usb the photos app automatically opens and it begins to import the photos. When the photos to be imported are selected the laptop freezes and the...
  10. Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.

Photos Application Hangs When Importing The Photos.: In the last few months I have not been able to use the automatic import function in the Photos app, as it hangs shortly after the import window opens and starts filling it with photos from my source. Using an SD card directly into my Surface Book2, or connecting my Nikon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. importing photos from iphone to window computer slow or crashes

2. windows photo app crashes when importing

3. Photos app crashes when clicking Items since last import

4. windows photos items found so far,
  5. windows 10 photo app crash when importing,
  6. photos found from iphone but then screen freezes,
  7. windows 10 when downloading pictures from card app hangs,
  8. photos windows crash import,
  9. photo app freezes when importing photos,
  10. using windows 10 trying to import the conveyor belt stays on the screen and never advances,
  11. importing photos explorer closes,
  12. windows photos since last import is freezing,
  13. photos app crashes on import,
  14. all since last import crashes,
  15. windows 10 foto app crashing on import