Windows 10: Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

Discus and support Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them when not in full screen mode. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanJW_604, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them when not in full screen mode.

How can I fix this?

:)

AlanJW_604, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Mingjai Win User

Grey Borders in Photos App

I've started having this exact same problem on my Surface Pro 3 when Windows updated my Photos app to version 2018.18031.15040.0. The grey borders occur on the left, right, and bottom of the image when the app is a window, in maximized mode, or in split-screen
    mode. It is only when the app is in full-screen mode that the border disappears.

Mingjai, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Morgan_132, Oct 6, 2018
  4. doydasda Win User

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

Thick grey bars in Microsoft Photos app

Hey there. I have been browsing around a bit online and didn't see any real solutions to this
    When I am in the app viewing an image, is seems to be squished in more than normal, when usually the image would go to the sides of the window itself.

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders [​IMG]

and when I attempt to zoom in on the image, there seems to be thick grey bars alongside the left, right and bottom of the image itself. When I click on the image to get rid of the zoom indicator, it returns to its original position as in the image above.

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders [​IMG]

I have followed this Microsoft answers forum post to no luck.
    Grey Borders in Photos App - Microsoft Community
    I have reset the app, deleted it and re-downloaded it, and restarted my computer on top of doing everything in the top post.

It was working fine without the grey bars yesterday, and I'm not sure what happened between then and now. I'm fairly sure this couldn't be an actual update to the app that has done this, so i'm wondering what is doing it. Any answers would be incredibly helpful!

doydasda, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

1. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders - Similar Threads - Photos App Displays

2. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  3. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  4. display of photo image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display of photo image: I have catalogued my stamp collection on the Microsoft 10 operating system with the 365 upgrade.This involves capturing an image of each stamp. Most of the bmp files show the stamp image however a few of the bmp files simply show the photo symbol and not the image. Is there a...
  5. Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders

Issue with Microsoft Photos grey borders: Hello dear community.Recently i've noticed a change which i kind of certain wasn't here before.The issue is with Microsoft Photos grey borders."It never gets to full-screen"Here is an example:Here is a photo which is 1920.1080 my current display resolutionsEven when i click...
  6. Photo App displaying grey border in full screen mode

Photo App displaying grey border in full screen mode: After the recent update, when I open a picture in Microsoft Photo App, there will be a grey border all around the photo even when I full screen the picture.This shrinks the picture size and made it hard to viewIn contrast to pre-update Microsoft Photo App which doesn't have...
  7. Photo viewer suddenly has a border with every image if not started from the photo viewer app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo viewer suddenly has a border with every image if not started from the photo viewer app: I've been going crazy with Photo Viewer, this is an issue that reared its head only 2 days ago... I genuinely do not know what happened. So here is my problem:Note the border around the picture despite it being set to "full screen" F11, the border is dark because I have...
  8. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders IN FULLSCREEN

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders IN FULLSCREEN: The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them WHEN IN FULLSCREEN MODE.How can I fix this? I have already tried Repair, Reset, Uninstall with Powershell and Reinstalling. Yet there are grey borders in fullscreen. Even when zooming in fullscreen....
  9. problem photos images not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem photos images not displaying: Windows 10 Hi All my photos/pictures open with Windows Live Photo Gallery I have change default but still same Recently not all images are being displayed how can I rectify this please [ATTACH] Thank you Mr Soft...
  10. Why did unwanted grey border line display in photo app in windows 10?

Why did unwanted grey border line display in photo app in windows 10?: As the title above, Whenever I open an image with white background by Photo App in Windows 10 and use mouse to zoom in or zoom out, The unwanted border line shows. This is the bug of Microsoft Windows 10? [ATTACH]...