Windows 10: Photos app does not sync with People app.

Discus and support Photos app does not sync with People app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scottfactor, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Photos app does not sync with People app.

Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add Name". What gives?

***Modified title from: Windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up***

:)

scottfactor, Oct 18, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 18, 2018
  3. RyanMcVay Win User
    Outlook People App Sync Photos

Currently I am having an issue with the People app. I am not seeing any photos for my contacts on my Surface Pro 3, my workstation and my windows phone. I have LinkedIn, Twitter and Outlook.com all synced.

Here is what I am experiencing..and it's not a good experience:

• When I view my contacts on https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/people all the contacts have photos.
    • When I go into outlook.com and people I do not.
    • When I open the mail app and then go to People I have all the contact listings of people with email address but it only appears I have photos for those people that are in Skype.
    • When I open People on my Windows phone I have listing and only images for people with skype
    • I don't have any of my images that I used for accounts. They are gone completely. This is a shame because I no longer have a photo of my parents together for their contact information - my father past away.
    • I added the LinkedIn app to my phone thinking that might actually sync the photos. I see the contact photos in LinkedIn app but they still do not show in the People app

I guess the big question is this. Is the Outlook People app that runs on the browser different from the People app that is used on the phone and the mail app?

Then my next question is: Who the heck do I get these apps to synch?

I have removed the LinkedIn social media component from the People app from the browser and then reconnected.

I'm at a loss and getting frustrated.

RyanMcVay, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Photos app does not sync with People app.

People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Photos app does not sync with People app.

1. Photos app does not sync with People app. - Similar Threads - Photos app does

2. Photos app not recognizing people

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  3. People App Syncing

People App Syncing: I have two computers both running Windows 10 version 1909 with MS Accounts. Computer 1 has a fully populated People App and Computer 2 has a not so fully populated People App. When I make changes, add to or delete an entry to Computer 1 those changes never get transferred to...
  4. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have used the MS People app on my Desktop and Laptop since early days and I don't remember how I populated them. Over the years, they have different entries and it has never bothered me but now it does. How to I keep them in sync? The machines are on a wireless network...
  5. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  6. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  7. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  8. People App does not sync

People App does not sync: whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then click on that message and choose Fix account. I get a message that says, "your account was updated successfully." Yet, when I...
  9. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have the People App set up on both my Desktop and Laptop. The desktop app is up to date. Sadly, the laptop app is months if nor a year behind. Is there a way to bring the laptop up to the desktop without examining each entry and modifying it or adding any new entries?...
  10. people app syncing

people app syncing: I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas? 41960

Users found this page by searching for:

1. people app sync failed on one account