Windows 10: Photos App Duplications

Discus and support Photos App Duplications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by melbadel bagno, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Photos App Duplications

Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy)

:)

melbadel bagno, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Photo App creating duplicates

Hi Greg thank you for your response. They are not actually duplicated on my hard drive i.e in the folder in the file manager. They are just showing as duplicates within the app. I noticed in settings of the photo app that Google Drive is listed as a source
    so I think the app sees the same picture there and that is how it is getting duplicated in the app. I deleted that source with no change but I will wait until I take some more pictures to see it that could be the issue. -Thanks

Tim Custis, Jun 10, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Photos App Duplications

identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Photos App Duplications

1. Photos App Duplications - Similar Threads - Photos App Duplications

2. Duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate photos: Any sources of trusted advice to select a duplicate photo removal tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-photos/f23ed0fc-b8df-49b9-aac6-e212c8b8c451
  3. PHOTOS DUPLICATION

PHOTOS DUPLICATION: Ever since I updated my laptop for the latest versions of Microsoft Photo app and other Microsoft apps.It appears that my photos keep duplicating several times over. When I connect my iPhone it automatically imports all the photos to Microsoft photos. Previously, the screen...
  4. Best Duplicate Photo Free App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Duplicate Photo Free App?: Trying to delete some duplicate photos on my CPU. What's the best free app to use that will delete a lot at a time. I tried a few apps, but then they want me to upgrade in order to delete more than 10 photos. Just wondering. Any help is appreciative. Thanks! submitted by...
  5. a PC Photo Duplicate APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a PC Photo Duplicate APP: Has anyone found a PHOTO DUPLICATE APP for (Windows) PC...that works? I had found a great one 2 years ago. It is no longer available. Thank you. I have 100,000+ photos and can NOT find any Programs/Apps that locates Dupes. Thank you! n Nashville...
  6. Duplicate photos

Duplicate photos: How can I remove duplicate photos in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-photos/c2223340-ba48-4e42-97cf-f8e099a1302a"
  7. Photo App creating duplicates

Photo App creating duplicates: When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in the original folder. I do not understand why it shows two of everything in the photo app. Is anyone else experiencing this...
  8. Duplicate photos

Duplicate photos: I want to delete photos from the timeline on my Microsoft Photos but save then in the File Explorer. Please tell me if it is possible to detect duplicate photos so that I won’t download them again ?...
  9. "Ultimate Photo Duplicate Finder" APP

"Ultimate Photo Duplicate Finder" APP: I purchased the "Ultimate Photo Finder". After running it, ALL of the photos and videos are absent from their original folders. I searched and found the "PHOTODUPLICATE" folder, but I can not look at any of the videos or photos in this folders. I'm assuming it moved every...
  10. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos: I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop. Since the last upload, I've taken more pictures and went to upload the new ones today. However, the Photos app 'Refresh'...