Windows 10: Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Discus and support Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TraceyBAN, Sep 3, 2020.

1. TraceyBAN Win User

Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor. I can't seem to find a way to either export them or change the format from a Video Editor to a Photo Album. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully appreciated.

:)

TraceyBAN, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Sep 3, 2020
  3. PGmath Win User
    Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

A few months ago I was using my Surface 3 and all of a sudden the photos app popped up the following notification:

I clicked on it and it was an album consisting of a pretty random collection of photos I had taken (on my previous surface 2) over a year ago. They were all taken at the same time and place, but it didn't include all of the photos taken then.

Since then this notification has been popping up constantly, every 2 or 3 days it comes up again. It's always the same album, same notification, etc.

So why on earth did photos randomly decide to automatically make a photo album of a bunch of random pictures from over a year ago and feel the need to continually remind me of it?

Note: I know how do disable notifications for the app etc. I'm asking why it does this.

PGmath, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Jerry06 Win User

Windows 10 built in photos app not exporting video

I have Windows 10 build 1809. I created a video with the built in Photos app, when I try to export the video it does not give the option to save the video to any location. The app just says exporting then goes back to the editing screen.

I've searched for the video file in file explorer with the modification date when the video was exported with no results. Using Power shell I uninstalled the photos app. I didn't get any feedback from Power shell was finished uninstalling the photos app. After that I reinstalled the app with the store. Of course I repeated the export process I got the same results.

I'm thinking of re-registering the photos app, but I think I'll get the same results. I'm hoping that I don't need to do a in place upgrade. Where should I go next?

Thanks in advance.

Jerry06, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album - Similar Threads - Photos app Exporting

2. Video editor/photos not exporting properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video editor/photos not exporting properly: Hello, I have been using video editor on windows 10 a couple of times now. I have a youtube channel and that is what I use. I have already made 2 video 1 was 2 minutes long and the second was 3 minutes long. I am now making a third video that has 10 songs in it and is 30...
  3. Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor

Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor: I use the built-in Windows 10 video editor in the Photos app, and I quite like it, but I have one problem... On practically every video I export, it always has around a minute of the video completely frozen from a random part of the video. I also notice that it normally...
  4. Video Editor in Photo app

Video Editor in Photo app: I use the Video Editor in the Photo app on my old desktop pc almost daily, I have just purchased a new laptop and the Video Editor is not available on it, any advice ???...
  5. Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems

Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems: Hi, Tried editing a video, shuffled some scenes and added a bit of part of another one, but can't export it. It's just two videos, combined them and hit "Finish Video", I kept it overnight for three days, 720p, once Hardware-accelerated, twice vice versa, but all I get is...
  6. Microsoft Photos Video Editor exporting choppy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos Video Editor exporting choppy: I have had the largest trouble with this, I made a home movie on my surface pro 6 and it allows me to edit the movie, export it, and play it but when I rewatch the video that was newly edited, it is choppy and laggy as if I am still editing it within the photos app. Instead...
  7. Photos App not exporting video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App not exporting video: I have a video project made using the photos app that is 25 minutes long using some average sized photos and mp4 short video clips. I used some audio from itunes and some motion effects. When trying to "Finish video" and export to a file on my laptop it shows that it is...
  8. exporting photos from Windows10 Photo Albums

exporting photos from Windows10 Photo Albums: Hi, I'm a convert from Mac. How do I export pictures from a Photo Album? I'm used to simply selecting pictures, then 'export', then 'select file size/quality', and naming a destination/file. I can share from Microsoft Photos but I can't find those other options. Thanks Hal....
  9. photos video export

photos video export: Where does MS photos for Win 10 export a video to? I can't find a created video anywhere on my computer or in OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-video-export/6214cea3-c489-49bf-98ad-1aa5a367a031
  10. Photos app not exporting/sharing video.

Photos app not exporting/sharing video.: Hi, I've made a video using about 100 images in the Photos app and the export/share button doesn't seem to want to work. I'll click on it and the three size options will appear, and selecting any one of them will cause a box that says "Export or Share: Create Video," to...