Windows 10: Photos App File Information tab

Discus and support Photos App File Information tab in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The file information tab on the Windows 10 Photos app seems to have stopped working. It just closes the app if you try to look at it. I know of at... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PJayP, May 9, 2019.

1. PJayP Win User

Photos App File Information tab

The file information tab on the Windows 10 Photos app seems to have stopped working. It just closes the app if you try to look at it. I know of at least one other person who also has this issue. Any ideas why it's happened?

:)

PJayP, May 9, 2019

2. App Photos

In this case, we suggest restoring your Photo app library to default. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer (you can open it from Start Menu, Search or taskbar).
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Navigation pane and choose Show libraries.
    • In the left pane right-click on Libraries and click on
      Restore default libraries
    • Open your Photos app again.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 9, 2019
  3. 1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 9, 2019
  4. Photos App File Information tab

File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Photos App File Information tab

1. Photos App File Information tab - Similar Threads - Photos App File

2. Application Photos does not show fail information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Photos does not show fail information: In Windows 10 (updated) application Photos hang up after click on File information! Application restarted many times, updated and repaired. Nothing helps, please give some advise who can :-)...
  3. Windows Photos File Information crashes

Windows Photos File Information crashes: In the last few days, Windows Photos hangs for about 20 seconds and then closes/crahes (no error, just closes) every time I try to display File Information. Windows 10, nothing noticeable changed recently. I have reset, re-installed, scanned, but no resolution so far....
  4. photos tab help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    photos tab help: Anyone help me out here, using windows edge and problem started last night, when I open the "photo's" tab to see my photos downloaded on my laptop the screen stays open for a few seconds and then just closes altogether, cant see any photos on my pc, haven't changed anything...
  5. Windows Photo App - Can't find Files

Windows Photo App - Can't find Files: In the Photo app under video projects, it can't find any of the pictures/videos that were in the video project. Where is it looking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-app-cant-find-files/afef16ae-4a5a-4e34-85dd-09ea23577a66
  6. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  7. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...
  8. Outlook 2016 Account Information Photo not showing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Account Information Photo not showing: Hey. I have outlook 2016 connected to my Hotmail account. When I click “file” account information page comes up. I would like to change the photo in Outlook 2016 “Account Information” Every time I click “change” underneath the avatar it just sends me to my online...
  9. Where are help files for the app "Photos"?

Where are help files for the app "Photos"?: I can't figure out how to use the retouch edit function. Where are the help files for Windows 10 apps? 25779
  10. Hidden files appear in photo app

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files appear in photo app: I have hidden photo files that automatically appear on my photo app. How do I hide these? 25381