Windows 10: Photos App File Information tab

Discus and support Photos App File Information tab in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The file information tab on the Windows 10 Photos app seems to have stopped working. It just closes the app if you try to look at it. I know of at... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PJayP, May 9, 2019.

1. PJayP Win User

Photos App File Information tab

The file information tab on the Windows 10 Photos app seems to have stopped working. It just closes the app if you try to look at it. I know of at least one other person who also has this issue. Any ideas why it's happened?

:)

PJayP, May 9, 2019

2. App Photos

In this case, we suggest restoring your Photo app library to default. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer (you can open it from Start Menu, Search or taskbar).
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Navigation pane and choose Show libraries.
    • In the left pane right-click on Libraries and click on
      Restore default libraries
    • Open your Photos app again.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 9, 2019
  3. 1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 9, 2019
  4. Photos App File Information tab

File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Photos App File Information tab

1. Photos App File Information tab - Similar Threads - Photos App File

2. no file information button on photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no file information button on photos: I am trying to view file information on a photo I have emailed from my I phone. Normally can right click and file information appears and then can edit the date but the file information does not show up anyway for me to do this, does anyone have any ideas?...
  3. no file information button on photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no file information button on photos: I am trying to view file information on a photo I have emailed from my I phone. Normally can right click and file information appears and then can edit the date but the file information does not show up anyway for me to do this, does anyone have any ideas?...
  4. no file information button on photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I find Microsoft Photos App File Information

How do I find Microsoft Photos App File Information: Until recently I was able to easily open the "File Information" from inside the "Microsoft Photos App". I can no longer find an option so that I can view the useful attributes of a photo including the location where the photo was taken. The version of the App that I'm running...
  6. How do I find Microsoft Photos App File Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find Microsoft Photos App File Information: Until recently I was able to easily open the "File Information" from inside the "Microsoft Photos App". I can no longer find an option so that I can view the useful attributes of a photo including the location where the photo was taken. The version of the App that I'm running...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  9. Photo app crashes when search photo file informations

Photo app crashes when search photo file informations: Hi. For a few days I have had a problem with the photos application on Windows 10 (20H2 SO 19042.630), which is as follows: The application works without problems, but when I try to see photo file information the application crashes. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled...
  10. Windows Photos File Information crashes

Windows Photos File Information crashes: In the last few days, Windows Photos hangs for about 20 seconds and then closes/crahes (no error, just closes) every time I try to display File Information. Windows 10, nothing noticeable changed recently. I have reset, re-installed, scanned, but no resolution so far....