Windows 10: Photos app flashes and never opens

Discus and support Photos app flashes and never opens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello my photos app has stopped working. It flashes like its going to open but the screen never turns from black and does not open. Task manager does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 13thAllieCat, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Photos app flashes and never opens

Hello my photos app has stopped working. It flashes like its going to open but the screen never turns from black and does not open. Task manager does not list it, it is not open nor running.

I've looked into this and after much research , I've done many things to resolve the problem with no luck. It appears my 3Dviewer is not working either.

I've reset the app,

done the powershell thing,

did the sfc scannow thing,

ran a defragmentation,

...what else did I do I can't even totally remember.. checked for updates...

Please assist me.

my windows version 1903

:)

13thAllieCat, Feb 25, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Photos app flashes and never opens

Open with another app 'photos'

When you choose photos and select 'open with' it gives a selection of apps. In the list I see the apps but one that looks odd is labelled %1 and has a generic app icon. It's almost as if it's some kind of old or broken program that doesn't exist. All the other programs like paint and photos are in the list as they should be but this is a rogue one. Does anyone else see this?

Scottyboy99, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Photos app flashes and never opens

1. Photos app flashes and never opens - Similar Threads - Photos app flashes

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  6. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  7. Windows Photos App not opening

Windows Photos App not opening: Hi guys,My Photos app will not open, I have tried pretty much everything.- It crashes shortly after opening if I try to open it directly- If I open via double clicking a photo, it'll just display a black screenIncluding -Running troubleshooterRunning both DISM & SFCWindows 10...
  8. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  9. Windows Apps and Photo App not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps and Photo App not opening: I have a new Dell Computer that is just over a month old and am having problems with App's not opening. These are App's from the Microsoft Store as well as a Dell Support APP. This also happens in my Photo Library when I right click on a photo to review on the open with...
  10. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2