Windows 10: Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours...

Discus and support Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] HELP! My father passed away a few days ago and we are having a family service today at noon. I was put in charge of bringing all the family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jwckauman, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours...

Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours... ppuTNsgiDMKy7PzWaK7mtwpSd7y5rdCHRkyJbagm5L4.jpg

HELP! My father passed away a few days ago and we are having a family service today at noon. I was put in charge of bringing all the family photos and having them play as a slide show for family to view. I collected everyone's photos (my mom's, sisters, siblings, etc) and have them all stored on my C: drive in Windows 10 under C:\Pictures. I pointed Photos to that one folder and it did a great job of finding the ones with my dad in them using tagging. This AM i went to copy them over to a USB thumbdrive, and suddenly Photos crashed, and evidently reset as all i see now is this....

https://preview.redd.it/n2h4lbxi7ux...bp&s=36ca0b5a1067c7486376d28f77a4458d2eadbc31

I can't get it to recognize faces anymore. I tried restarting the PC, terminating the app, repairing the app, and even resetting the app. Nothing. And now i have no way to bring photos today. Help!

I looked for Google's old picasa app but that is no longer available and their web app only allows 15GB of photos and i have way more than that to index.

What can i do in 90 minutes???? i need a way to find my dad's photos. Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours... :(

submitted by /u/jwckauman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jwckauman, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Greedo Win User

Windows Photos App face tagging

The Windows 10 Photos App automatically tags faces in photos. It puts the results of these efforts in the People tab:

Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours... 91otg.png

Recently I imported 50 or so photos and when I checked a day later about half of them were tagged. Since then I imported a few thousand more, yet the face tagging has not updated at all, it just seems to have given up.

Is there any way to prompt the app to tag a few more photos, or anything I can do to encourage it?

NB I've seen various places where I'm told to turn on the appropriate setting, but it's been on all this time

Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours... iesx2.png

Specs:

Microsoft Photos: 2018.18051.17710.0

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Greedo, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Face tags in Photos

I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct
    the many wrong face tags. So useless!!

Jesper Frickmann, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours...

Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?

I downloaded Photos today because it claimed to tag faces, but I find it works in only the most rudimentary way and from reading other forums in the community, it seems like I'm not missing some important how-to that could be user-error. I find that:

• the people tab does sort by people and lets me name groups and combine groups under the same name tag
    • it only tags one person per photograph
    • it doesn't allow me to tag additional people (eg by putting a box around a face and naming it)
    • it doesn't allow me to rename or refile mis-tagged images (has photos of my brothers under my sister's group)
    My question before I invest any further time into exploring what promised to be a helpful, time-saving tagging process, is:

Will this app be further developed to include options for tagging more than one person per photo and correcting incorrectly tagged photos? I have thousands of genealogical family photos, not to mention my own family collection and if this isn't going to
    work, I'll just uninstall and continue using my other software.

LynnDosch1, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours...

1. Photos app for Win10 HELP! Need it to tag faces today - my dad's funeral is in a few hours... - Similar Threads - Photos app Win10

2. green tags and other tagging on my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    green tags and other tagging on my photos: I know i had turned off whatever feature it is that puts green checkmarks on my photos and saves everything i click on to my photos. I have NOT asked for these to be saved. Now i see it is putting description tags on my photos which i find disgusting and intrusive.What...
  3. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  4. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  5. Face tags in Photos

Face tags in Photos: I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct the many wrong...
  6. Microsoft photos tags only few photos

Microsoft photos tags only few photos: Hi all, I'm using onedrive in order to store my images 200gb. I saw that MS photos ver 2019.19041.20110.0 has people tagging feature, however after tagging people 6 people in a few images ~300 it stops. I tried to search for a solution uninstall from shell, install from shell...
  7. Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade

Loss of tags in Photos app following Win10 upgrade: I have just had windows 10 and hard drive storage upgrades. I use tags in photo properties and before the upgrades, tags would pop up and I could select one. Now, I have to add a tag separately to each photo. Where is the library of existing tags? They are still on the...
  8. How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App?

How Can I Rename Tagged Faces in the Windows 10 Photos App?: Hello, I'm using the Photos app in Windows 10 to organize my pictures. Normally it does a good job with grouping faces together, but it tends to group all pictures of babies as one person. My newest nephew is being tagged with faces of other people that aren't him. Is there a...
  9. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  10. Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?

Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?: I downloaded Photos today because it claimed to tag faces, but I find it works in only the most rudimentary way and from reading other forums in the community, it seems like I'm not missing some important how-to that could be user-error. I find that: the people tab does...