Windows 10: Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

Discus and support Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know when this happened, probably months ago. I've dried to re-download the app from the online store, but am unable to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MoiraPR, Dec 9, 2019.

1. MoiraPR Win User

Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

I don't know when this happened, probably months ago. I've dried to re-download the app from the online store, but am unable to.

:)

MoiraPR, Dec 9, 2019

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Dec 9, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

1. Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop - Similar Threads - Photos App has

2. My photos & videos disappeared from Photo app. Where did they move to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My photos & videos disappeared from Photo app. Where did they move to?: My photos & videos disappeared from Photo app. Where did they move to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-videos-disappeared-from-photo-app-where/c7e9b4ac-a7cf-41b7-8b09-888cd3c5a782
  3. My photos & videos disappeared from Photo app. Where did they move to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photos & videos disappeared from Photo app. Where did they move to?: My photos & videos disappeared from Photo app. Where did they move to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-photos-videos-disappeared-from-photo-app-where/c7e9b4ac-a7cf-41b7-8b09-888cd3c5a782
  4. App Store has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Store has disappeared from my computer: My Microsoft Office and the App Store have disappeared from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-has-disappeared-from-my-computer/4fed3ce3-8704-4e08-877b-69d15973fd79
  5. App Store has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Store has disappeared from my computer: My Microsoft Office and the App Store have disappeared from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-has-disappeared-from-my-computer/4fed3ce3-8704-4e08-877b-69d15973fd79
  6. why has twitter disappeared from my laptop

why has twitter disappeared from my laptop: twitter wont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-twitter-disappeared-from-my-laptop/b1b6ef32-26b8-42c1-aa2f-57fdbb3cc70e
  7. The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app

The Split function has disappeared from the Microsoft Photos app: when video editing, numerous tools will be displayed from a drop down tab on the right hand side of the screen. The split function used to be here, but no, that button has vanished from the toolbar. This has happened before to others, but this is my first time seeing this...
  8. Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop: In the settings, there is no "On/Off" switch for Bluetooth. It's just not there. I've tried the Troubleshooter, it says BT is not available on this device, "Check Capability"? Detected. I've tried uninstalling and Reinstalling the Drivers, Nothing. Dell Laptop, if it...
  9. Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop

Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop: Hello all, My bluetooth wasn't connecting properly to my headphones earlier, so I tried to turn it off and on. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn it back on, and when I restarted settings the option to had disappeared: [ATTACH] The icon has also disappeared from the...
  10. photos completely disappeared from my laptop

photos completely disappeared from my laptop: Hi my photo gallery and photos completely disappeared . is there a way i can find them to get them all back? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-completely-disappeared-from-my-laptop/455999c7-349e-4e2e-97a2-772d448ff375

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo app disappeared