Windows 10: Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import

Discus and support Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I attempt to import photos from IPhone X with Windows Photos App, it begins the "Looking for new photos and videos" screen, reaches the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bull120, Apr 25, 2020.

1. bull120 Win User

Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import

Every time I attempt to import photos from IPhone X with Windows Photos App, it begins the "Looking for new photos and videos" screen, reaches the total number of photos and videos, then freezes. I have current version of windows, current version of IPhone software, the app is up to date, I have tried on multiple computers, and I have restarted the phone. What can be done to solve this problem? I have dealt with various issues with the Photos app over the years, but have been unable to overcome it this time.

:)

bull120, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. Import IPhone photos

Hi Greg

The Photo App on my Windows 10 seems to freeze as it's counting the photos to import from my iphone. It literally freezes at the same number of photos every time. Help!

jen wang44, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

As you have mentioned that the Photos app freezes when you try to import pictures, we would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Connect the iPhone to the computer.
    2. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    3. Now, expand Portable Devices, right click on
      iPhone device and select Uninstall device.
    4. Now, click on Action and select
      Scan for hardware changes
      . This will install the drivers.

Once the drivers are installed, try importing the photos.

If the issue persists, we would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import - Similar Threads - Photos App Freeze

2. Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is importing iPhone photos with incorrect date and time: I recently saw a message in the Photos app that MS was making some changes to the app. Today I launched the app and a message I had never seen before asked me if I wish to keep some data that was not being used or delete it. I clicked on 'keep it' and then tried to import...
  3. Windows 11 Photos App Import iPhone Photos Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photos App Import iPhone Photos Problems: The Photos app on Windows 11 seems to lack any basic sort or filter capabilities when I try to import Photos and Videos from my iPhone 14 Pro Max.Your Photos app wants to import every single photo and video from the beginning of time. They are ALL marked as "new". They are...
  4. Windows 11 Photos App Import iPhone Photos Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photos App Import iPhone Photos Problems: The Photos app on Windows 11 seems to lack any basic sort or filter capabilities when I try to import Photos and Videos from my iPhone 14 Pro Max.Your Photos app wants to import every single photo and video from the beginning of time. They are ALL marked as "new". They are...
  5. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  6. Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app

Issues importing photos from my iPhone to the Photos app: I have a fairly new iPhone and Windows 11. When I connect my phone to import photos, the PC recognizes the photos, but it doesn't recognize which ones have already been transferred to my PC. The old photos app did this every time. The photos are also completely out of order...
  7. Photo app imports for iphone 11

Photo app imports for iphone 11: When I import photos from my iphone to my surface book using the phot app I typically use the "import since last" setting. However, I currently have about 100 photos that the app does not recognize as previously imported, although I have confirmed in folders on my Surface...
  8. Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App

Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App: Has anyone found a solution to Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App please? I've read various threads and hundreds of people have posted the same problem with neither MS or Apple accepting responsibility or offering a solution. All...
  9. Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone

Photos app doesn't import photos from Iphone: Hello, I'm trying to import my photos from Iphone X. Actually, I'm using Photos app, that Microsoft provided. Actually, I have 2 possible scenarios: 1. The application stop (is not responding) after initialization of 2000 photos 2. The application can initialize 2100...
  10. Import IPhone photos

Import IPhone photos: Photo app will not import photos from my iphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-iphone-photos/b6bdda57-75d5-4fa4-86dc-f9bd39c200d9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. looking for new photos and videos freezes

2. windows photo importing feom iphone freeze

3. looking for new photos freezes import